Trusted Contributor

@maximillian The first ones I purchased were soft and comfortable.  I have found that his pima varies in weight and softness.  So it depends on which one you get.  Mine have stained and I am careful.  Color around the neckband seems to have faded a bit on some.  I do like them. These are just issues I have had.  Haven't found other brands.

Good luck.

Super Contributor

I like Isaac's pima cotton tops.  They are very soft and comfortable to wear.   As someone else stated, they do vary in thickness but all of mine are smooth and I've never had a problem with pilling.  I baby mine by washing in cool water and then tumbling on low heat for a few minutes and then hanging or lying flat to dry.  They will shrink if dried in the dryer on too high heat.  If I get grease on mine, I treat before washing with  a degreaser called OIL EATER  and have always had good luck with the stain coming out.  As for fading, I think any dark colored, all cotton fabric will fade eventually.  My dark colored ones have faded a little, but not too badly.  

Frequent Contributor

I just rewatched the presentation when Amy S. wore this. Noticed the seaming around her shoulder area seems off, like puckering. Could be because of her audio equipment in her back area though. Anyhow, after reading everyone's comments,  I've decided not to make this top my first purchase in Issac's line. Thank you again everyone!! Your thoughts are very much appreciated!

Respected Contributor

@Derwin28   I have A LOT of Isaac pima tees and am always getting more.  They are a little more beefy then the normal T shirt, but I haven't had any issues with mine.  They will stain, as any cotton top will, so pre-treat asap if you spill anything on it.  Because it's a little thicker, no bras show through, and it seems to flatter the shape.  They are not boxy and will give you a nice waist. 

I just wash in cold and put in the drier for a minute or two and then hang to finish drying.  Depending on your size, and if you aren't sure, do a search of Isaac (sort by price low to high), and you can even choose your size, and you sometimes will find some of his pima items for less then $20.  I've even seen some of his t-shirts for less then $10 - although rarely in my size sadly.  Also check the "as-is".  That way you won't spend a lot to try out his fabrics or designs. 

I always check the size chart just to make sure I'm getting the right size - I say give it a try, you may be a fan...like I was after one day finding a pima shirt for $17.98.  Now I have lots of them, always purchased on sale, clearance, or as is. 

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

@Derwin28,

Yes, that is what I was talking about except my pucker is right in the front middle a little off to the side. It's as if I tied a rubber band around it and then let go. Maybe it happened in the wash. I have never had material like this. To me it feels stiff. 

It must be that with all the positive comments some of his shirts are different blends or manufacturers?

I do love the interesting color and that may be where he shines. I also have never seen this color anywhere

which is a nice thing.

But I agree that if you can find some on sale, it is worth a try.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

@Derwin28 wrote:

Good Evening! I would appreciate your input. I have never purchased Issac Mizrahi's Pima cotton tops. I'm eyeing the Essentials Pima wide-neck tunic shown today- Item A462892. I don't see any reviews for this tunic.  My biggest fear with any cotton is staining, especially grease or oily stains. Secondly it must be soft to touch, wash well with no fading, pilling, etc. Does anyone own this particular tunic, or have any thoughts you are willing to share on Issac's Essential Pima cotton tops? Thank you!!!

Pima cotton is ... Cotton. But it is also very silky feeling, no comparison to the typical cotton T-shirts. My first reaction was this can't be 100% cotton, but it was.

For grease stains there is absolutely no substitute for cornstarch or baby powder. Just sprinkle, smooth in and let sit overnight. It draws out all of the oil or grease. Then wash as usual. And you have to treat any other stains with some extra detergent or a spot remover. But it is simply Cotton.  I have a bunch of Isaac shirts and I love them because they don't shrink, I am tall and I need every inch of length they have especially the tunics. 

Super Contributor

I've made the mistake of putting the pima cotton tops in the dryer.  It does cause shrinkage for sure.  Also, I've had problems with getting stains out.

Frequent Contributor

@Bhvbum Thank you for the suggestion! Never tried that one!