Respected Contributor

Isn't that a waste of money ?

I don't watch Shop HQ much any more since most of beauty vendors have left.  But when i tune in , they are broadcasting from Miami , couldn't that money be better spent from a struggling network. What is the point of flying hosts and crew from Minnesota. Just an observation. I was just looking at this from a business perspective.

Honored Contributor

Re: Isn't that a waste of money ?

That network has done many seemingly stupid things.  I don't know how they manage to hang on.  Are they selling Invicta in Miami?  Maybe they subsidize the trips? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Invicta , but i think fashion and other things also.

Esteemed Contributor

Excerpt from:  forbes.com/sites/pamdanziger/2019/07/20/evine-to-become-shophq-but-it-needs-more-than-a-name-change/

Now ShopHQ has even less to offer, unless you count all the Invicta watches it features in prime time. A $6 million stock purchase by Invicta Watch Group and another $11 million working capital resulting from the May 2019 investment transaction assures it gets prime slots.

Excerpt from:  en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invicta_Watch_Group

Ondix later went down due to disappointing numbers and the Invicta name was resold. Invicta was re-established in 1991 when the brand was acquired by an American company.

The corporate headquarters for Invicta is located in Hollywood, Florida, in the United States.

The more I learn the more I realize how little I know.
Are you setting an example or being an example?
Trusted Contributor

Maybe they're in "talks" with HSN/QVC   Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

I haven't seen it in a long tme, but it was different when they sold Invicta outdoors from a Miami boat marina with the ocean in the background and a sea breeze blowing through their hair.  Is that what they do now?

Honored Contributor

Does anybody wear a watch any more???    I thought phones replaced them..........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

Does anybody wear a watch any more???    I thought phones replaced them..........

I'm not going to pull out a phone everytime I want to know what time it is. Oh, wait. Most people have them surgically attached to their hands these days.

I don't even carry a cell phone. But I have lots of watches, including Invictas.

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

Yes - many wear watches.  I don't carry my phone in my hand everywhere I go.  

Honored Contributor

I quit wearing watches the day I retired. If I need to know the time, I look at my phone.  That's just what I do.