Honored Contributor

Re: Isn't that a waste of money ?

@Desertdi wrote:

Does anybody wear a watch any more???    I thought phones replaced them..........

@Desertdi   Yes. I have a beautiful collection of watches some from the 1940's. I love to wear them. I guess many people carry their phones in their hand all the time but I don't as I need my hands for other things and pulling a phone out of my purse every time I want to check the time is silly. My opinion only.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Everyone I know calls SHOP HQ ---"the watch channel" thats about all they ever show....😄...Its amazing they are still in business.....  

Now I DO wear a watch....its easier to check the time that way rather then to haul out my phone from my purse.....but I own just a couple of watches and am NOT in the market for more.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

Never heard of this channel- There are so many awful online shopping shows (this is likely one of them)- WHY would you care?

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

Does anybody wear a watch any more???    I thought phones replaced them..........

@Desertdi   I do, I do. 🙋  24/7/365.  I'm not married to a cell phone. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 -- I wish I could give you more than one heart!  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

I also did away with watches the day I retired!
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

@Desertdi   I do, I do. 🙋  24/7/365.  I'm not married to a cell phone. 

I understand, you are married to the watch.  Permanently attached  it looks like...

Esteemed Contributor

I was never interested in "The Watch Channel". Every time  that you would change to the channel they would be offering Invictus watches. 

I do like to wear watches, I like them to match my outfits so I have several pairs in different colors.  My brand of choice is "Fossil. 

Like others, I am not going to pull out my Cell phone whenever I want to know the time. 

Super Contributor

My Fitbit is usually my go to watch, however I have nice watches that I will wear when I go out to lunch or dinner, even shopping, or whenever the mood strikes. (post Vax)