Respected Contributor

Isn't that a waste of money ?

I don't watch Shop HQ much any more since most of beauty vendors have left.  But when i tune in , they are broadcasting from Miami , couldn't that money be better spent from a struggling network. What is the point of flying hosts and crew from Minnesota. Just an observation. I was just looking at this from a business perspective.

Honored Contributor

Re: Isn't that a waste of money ?

That network has done many seemingly stupid things.  I don't know how they manage to hang on.  Are they selling Invicta in Miami?  Maybe they subsidize the trips? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Invicta , but i think fashion and other things also.

Esteemed Contributor

Excerpt from:  forbes.com/sites/pamdanziger/2019/07/20/evine-to-become-shophq-but-it-needs-more-than-a-name-change/

Now ShopHQ has even less to offer, unless you count all the Invicta watches it features in prime time. A $6 million stock purchase by Invicta Watch Group and another $11 million working capital resulting from the May 2019 investment transaction assures it gets prime slots.

Excerpt from:  en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invicta_Watch_Group

Ondix later went down due to disappointing numbers and the Invicta name was resold. Invicta was re-established in 1991 when the brand was acquired by an American company.

The corporate headquarters for Invicta is located in Hollywood, Florida, in the United States.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Trusted Contributor

Maybe they're in "talks" with HSN/QVC   Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

I haven't seen it in a long tme, but it was different when they sold Invicta outdoors from a Miami boat marina with the ocean in the background and a sea breeze blowing through their hair.  Is that what they do now?

Honored Contributor

Does anybody wear a watch any more???    I thought phones replaced them..........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

Does anybody wear a watch any more???    I thought phones replaced them..........

I'm not going to pull out a phone everytime I want to know what time it is. Oh, wait. Most people have them surgically attached to their hands these days.

I don't even carry a cell phone. But I have lots of watches, including Invictas.

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

Yes - many wear watches.  I don't carry my phone in my hand everywhere I go.  

Honored Contributor

I quit wearing watches the day I retired. If I need to know the time, I look at my phone.  That's just what I do.