Contributor

Isaac's denim is not colorfast. Everything it touches turns blue, despite a vinegar rinse.

Honored Contributor

Re: Isaac's denim is not colorfast. Everything it touches turns blue, despite a vinegar rinse.

That's fairly common with blue dyes .... generally a couple of  washings takes care of it.   I've never used vinegar ... I use normal detergent and Washing Soda.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Isaac's denim is not colorfast. Everything it touches turns blue, despite a vinegar rinse.

oppps..............

Honored Contributor

I always assume denim is not colorfast until it's been washed 2-3 times; same with any dark, strong dye in any clothes. I never wash jeans with anything that matters to me for the first few washes.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

I am careful with reds too.....

Trusted Contributor

@Nataliesgramma

Yes, it never fails that a white sock or a pair of white undies gets caught up in the dark load - and comes out either pink or gray.  Lol.