Respected Contributor

Re: Isaac reprimanded Amy on air

@code99  @Katcat1 

I rarely, and I do mean rarely watch QVC simply because when I do tune in, there is a host that for me, is unwatchable. 

However, I had a bad night last night and flipped on the TV during the Linea presentation.  I did not like that host Ali.  At first I thought she was the host Alex that was dismissed. 

At one point, one of the items presented was shown as something like "supima knit" (I'm not sure of the description but it was some kind on knit.  Louis said that the item wasn't supima knit.  Ali said "Are you sure?"  

Louis looked at her like she was a moron and said "Am I sure?"

She said "Oh, well the graphics are wrong."

I personally cringed for her because she had to feel taken aback by not only have the momentary lapse of judgement to question the designer, but having him point it out in a very subtle but absolute way.

Still, she never stopped talking or trying to appear as if she knew everything about the cut, the fabric and style.  I just wanted her to shut up and let him describe the clothes.  

Esteemed Contributor

@MarthaStewardess wrote:

Tlol,Toll, I don't know why they have guests if they do let them talk about their products.  These host are making it all about them.  Amy makes me change the channel.  The talks too fast and too loud.  Not a pleasant viewing experience. 

@MarthaStewardess  ..... I agree with you ..... Amy deserved to be put in her place .... I can’t watch  her .... she talks too fast & mispronounces  too many words .... I change the channel when Amy S is the host .... good for Isaac 🤩

Valued Contributor

I have seen him get very frustrated with Shawn. He and Leah work very well together

Honored Contributor

@Georgiagrama  I saw that program too.  Are you sure?  Well, I am the designer.  Ali can get on my nerves as she always wants to be so precise as it she knows everything.  It can be unnerving.  I like a more relaxed approach from a host.

kindness is strength
Super Contributor

I find that Ally is hard to listen to because she talks way to much and so slowly that the product information barely gets discussed ,she cracks too many jokes and the term "as well" that she uses after every sentence inappropriately is ridiculous. I do not understand why the producers do not correct her. I saw the show with Louis and was glad he took over. Ally needs some pep in her step and in her presentation .I heard enough personal stories from the rest of them i want to jear about the item being presented.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The OP has no item # so we can see the offense for ourselves and make our own judgement; takes no responsibility for starting a hot topic thread and where that can go; and now, horrors, will not be back to the forum to post.

Uh huh.

Super Contributor

OK,  WE CAN ASK AGAIN -

WHAT IS THE ITEM #????

Honored Contributor

So many replies here taking sides, making a comment when no one but the OP heard this and the OP has not come back to provide any information as several have requested.

Snarks about the vendor and host are uncalled for when there is no proof either way.

And most certainly no snarks should be posted at each other.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

I don't see any problem with this turning into a general discussion of Isaac and/or Amy.

There are perfectly valid personal observations about both, whether other posters agree with them or not.  That's how things work.

I haven't read any comments that violate the Community Standards or Terms of Use.

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner  yes I get that the producer is probably yelling in the hosts ear about sales but honestly it is NOT the host who entices me to buy, it is the vendor. I want to know what they have to say not the silly blathering and over the top histrionics of the hosts like Amy. Most of the time, I simply don't tune into shows that she hosts because she does act as if she is too hyped up. Unless the host is giving me some useful information - not just - OMG we're going to sell out of size X or color Y, then they can wait & let the vendor speak.