Honored Contributor

Re: Isaac reprimanded Amy on air

@maximillian wrote:

That host is constantly held up as a fashion expert.  She is so good; QVC should promote her to a Merchandise Manager position.  Give her a big fat raise with a good title.  She could be an important behind-the-scenes employee.  Make everyone happy.

@maximillian 

Who has held Amy as a fashion expert?

I'm not being sarcastic at all, I've just never heard anyone refer to her as a 'fashion expert'.

I have seen her wearing outfits that IMO just weren't flattering on her.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

2 weeks ago?  I can't remember what happened last night.  LOL

I didn't hear the exchange so I have to wonder if Isaac was joking.  

As an aside, did anyone hear when he used the word "arse" on air and made Shawn gasp.  I was shutting the tv off as it came out of his mouth so I'm not sure what followed.

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

If Isaac had "waited until after the show", then he wouldn't have been able to say what he was trying to say about the item they were currently presenting.

IMO, Amy was the one with 'bad manners' by constantly interrupting the designer, who knows the product better than the host.

@KingstonsMom 

two-thumbs-up-smiley-emoticon.gif

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Contributor

Yes, I totally agree. Amy does a great job and getting use to working with designers that she hasn't with before.  He loves Shawn.  Anyway, if you read this Amy...you are adjusting well. 

Contributor

I believe the Hosts need to also get certain info out to us and are on a constricted time schedule.  No need to be mean people.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Dex wrote:

@Bubbas Mommy  -- I totally agree with you , I only wish he had told Shawn that ....

@Dex 

What does Shawn have to do with this thread? She wasn't presenting with Isaac, Amy was.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

Personally I want to hear the vendor speak, not listen to the host babbling on. Amy runs on at a mile a minute on every show. I usually turn off the tv when she comes on especially after a full day of work. I don't need to listen to her speed talk.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@maximillian wrote:

That host is constantly held up as a fashion expert.  She is so good; QVC should promote her to a Merchandise Manager position.  Give her a big fat raise with a good title.  She could be an important behind-the-scenes employee.  Make everyone happy.

@maximillian 

Who has held Amy as a fashion expert?

I'm not being sarcastic at all, I've just never heard anyone refer to her as a 'fashion expert'.

I have seen her wearing outfits that IMO just weren't flattering on her.

@KingstonsMom 

I think the only reason some refer to her as the "fashion expert" is she got Mondays prime Fashion's Night In PM STYLE show hosting job

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

I find it interesting you are posting from a few weeks ago and we can't go back to the video.  You are insinuating that Isaac's tone was a reprimand, but was it really? Many of the vendors and most of the hosts never shut up.  Who could possibly get a word in edgewise? No one seems to ever take a breath.  No dead air ever.  Can't watch it anymore.  Whether it's twirly girl SG or like, Isaac, who, like, can't complete a sentence without like mentioning four likes, they talk ad nauseum.  For some of those vendors, it's a NY thing and being a native NYer, I know plenty of them.  They wake up talking and are still chattering incessantly when they put their heads on their pillows.  So annoying.  

Honored Contributor

@Spurt Heart

OH, I see!

Just because you host some fashion shows, just like many of the other hosts here, makes you a 'fashion expert'.

I had no idea, but thank you for cluing me in, LOL!