Occasional Contributor

Re: Isaac reprimanded Amy on air

About a year ago while Susan Graver was being her usual motor mouth self, I heard Pat Dementri say to her:  "if you just let me get a word in."  It didn't phase Susan one bit, she continued rambling on with nary a pause.

Regular Contributor

I missed it because I, for one, can't stand Amy...she talks way too fast, is way too hyper and talks over the vendor..so I rarely watch any of the shows that Amy hosts...And, maybe he should have said it after the show, however, I'm sure he was quie annoyed and I remember Louis D putting one of the new hosts in her place when she kept mispronouncing his line...he tried in a nice way to correct her and she still kept misprouncing...
Sometimes, by doing it on air, the hosts will remember what they did wrong and correct themselves..????

Esteemed Contributor

@NYC Susan wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

If Isaac had "waited until after the show", then he wouldn't have been able to say what he was trying to say about the item they were currently presenting.

IMO, Amy was the one with 'bad manners' by constantly interrupting the designer, who knows the product better than the host.

I agree.  And although it was unprofessional for him to say what he did, we have to remember that he's human.  He was probably really frustrated.   

He wasn't there to listen to her talk.  I would have been frustrated too.

-----------------

That is what I thought too!  Any vendor would be frustrated to be presenting with a host that rambles and never takes a breath!!!

Occasional Contributor

Agree some hosts tend to "talk over" their guests. Sometimes getting called out publicly is the only way some people understand how annoying they can be.

Valued Contributor

@Maggie Nolia wrote:

Does Susan Graver ever stop talking?

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Why she does not have laryngitis is beyond me. She is one guest I will NOT listen to.             bamasec

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm not especially a fan of Amy (or any of the hosts, as far as that goes) and I'm not defending her, BUT

vendors, including the prima donna Isaac Mizrahi, need to remember they are GUESTS and act accordingly.  Their appearances benefit THEM financially more than the Q and they need to remember that.

I'll end by adding to me he is unwatchable, regardless of who is hosting him.

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

I like Isaac and he did what was appropriate. 

Super Contributor

Its terrible to say but I cannot watch Amy either ..she talks way too fast and she gets way too wild 

Respected Contributor

@Chatyone 2 

It's not terrible to say.  Say what you believe.  If it's any comfort, I agree with you.

Esteemed Contributor

@dogsx3 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Bubbas Mommy wrote:

Was anyone watching about a week or two ago when Issac and Amy were on together and he lost patience with her? He said in a VERY condescending tone, "Hello! Can I finish a sentence, please?? THANK YOU!"  I've always been a fan of Isaac and his line, but calling out Amy on air was inappropriate, and I felt bad for her. She handled it like a trooper, but Isaac, if you or any of your team reads these forums, please don't "reprimand" a host with the world watching.

@Bubbas Mommy 

This is a definite pattern with many QVC hosts.....in partcular Amy---I heard that Martha reprimanded her, Lori reprimanded her...and she announced on air to one of the models that she got in trouble for something she had said...and now Isaac.....She can prevent this criticism by being professional and also by letting vendors speak without interuppting them!!!!....She may look great and be very stylish, but she's also immature....

She could be really really good...if she would just become more professional in her speaking. It's a shame she doesn't see that.  First it was calling people by their first initial...then came "stare" ect ect...

I don't understand what does"stare" mean ?😏.