Trusted Contributor

Re: Isaac reprimanded Amy on air

I used to like Amy but she's gotten so over-the-top with drawing out words and general silliness and ignorance that I just won't watch her anymore.  She's too old to be so uninformed in life now.  She's not cute anymore.  I'm happy to hear that Isaac reprimanded her, she needs more training. 

Respected Contributor

He was probably just frustrated.  The host is in charge of the show I guess and they have to do their thing.  I remember years and years ago when SG first came to QVC.  She was on air with Kathy Levine.  Kathy got so frustrated, she actually told the vendor to be quiet, I'm the host, let me do my job or something to that effect.  I don't think I ever saw them work together again.  It is unprofessional.  If you have an issue with a host or guest, talk to them off air. 

Honored Contributor

The hosts say what the producers tell them to say.  They are told to give information that boosts sales.  So if it means interrupting some blabbering, that's what they do.  

The producers have live stats before them, and see what needs to be said at what point in the sales pitch.  It's about selling, not what a guest has to say. 

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Katcat1...I noticed Louis and Ali this morning too.  I thought she handled it very well, but he absolutely did not stop talking.  

Contributor

@KingstonsMom  I was implying that I wished he would ask Shawn to stop talking long enough for him to finish a sentence.... She is too chatty about things irrelevant to the item being presented at times ..... This is only my opinion....

Occasional Contributor

Ok, everyone. Yes, it took me a few weeks to post. I was busy. And what I saw still bothered me, so I said something today. Nothing "interesting," mysterious, or nefarious there--really. Didn't know there was a deadline on posts after which comments become, as one contributor promptly warned me, too late to be relevant.

Yes, I am absolutely sure that he was NOT joking. I said I liked Isaac, and I have watched him regularly since he first brought the line to QVC, so I know what he sounds like when he is joking. That's what made it so bothersome. Believe me, I was surprised by it, and I kept rewinding to make sure my ears weren't fooling me. In fact, if you read my post, I was wondering if anyone else had seen it, too. 

And Amy wasn't interrupting him. You can tell when producers are prompting the hosts to say things, such as updates on quantities, etc. It pretty much looked like she was doing her job. It just simply may be that Isaac was frustrated, tired, in a bad mood, or something similarly understandable. But to me, it came out of no where and it seemed offensive, IMHO.

And since then, I've noticed that ISAAC interrupts the hosts continually. Just putting that out there in the interest of fairness.

Didn't intend to be "dramatic" in my subject line. It is my description for what I saw. And, again, my point was not about rude conversational habits. It was just to say I wish he hadn't done that on air.

I like Amy, I like Isaac, and I love QVC. I don't like that so many folks need to turn a forum conversation in this "community" into an opportunity to be--at the risk of being dramatic--combative or critical of each other. Before someone flashes in here and accuses me of being too sensitive, I will say this forum thing ain't for me.

Honored Contributor

@Dex wrote:

@Bubbas Mommy  -- I totally agree with you , I only wish he had told Shawn that ....

He knows better than to say something like that to Shawn, she would have blown up at him and embarrassed the heck out of him. I've seen when Shawn says something dumb and Issac makes fun of her she blows up at him. They are both very shallow people, Issac even admits it, what does anyone expect.

Respected Contributor

I didn't see this because I do not watch Isaac at all.....don't care for his personality. I do think Amy knows more about fashion and wears all of it better than any other Q host.

Respected Contributor

Amy gets swallowed up in a lot of clothing...I never look to her for a good fit...

Respected Contributor

She was unwatchable Monday.