Esteemed Contributor

This just goes to show that QVC has its work cut out for them when it comes to trying to please all the viewers.  I actually like the pairing of Isaac and Jennifer.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Isaac and Jennifer

[ Edited ]

Interesting, because I was thinking about Jennifer and Isaac recently, too.

To answer your question, maybe designers do ask to work with certain hosts and vice-versa, but it doesn't appear to me QVC schedules them that way.  I remember years ago HSN always paired Colleen Lopez with Joan Rivers.  There was some sort of jealousy going on between the hosts who wanted their turn.  So, Colleen was no longer paired with Joan, but she was by far the most compatible with Joan.   I do think QVC used to pair compatible hosts with designers, but not as much more recently.  And it shows.

I have seen Isaac with most of the other hosts, but IMO, he looks more comfortable with Shawn and Jennifer, Shawn more so, than any of the other hosts.  

My observation doesn't address whether I prefer the combinations, just that I think they are more compatible compared to other hosts.  

Respected Contributor

@Veridoc: I doubt any of us would know if Isaac requests a specific host. But, to your point about other hosts, I've seen Isaac work with any of the hosts on a regular basis (Leah, Jayne, Jane, Sandra, Amy, Shawn of course) and whoever happens to be scheduled when he is on the air.  

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@Veridoc   I don't engage in conversation regarding hosts.  I just thought I would present a new perspective and offers insight into how I use small life irritations to grow and learn about myself.

If a TV host was giving me such a knee-jerk reaction that I can't watch or just chose to turn the channel without grinding my teeth....then there is an indication that there is some emotion there that I need to work on.  I would do some meditation and reflect if there is a quality about that host that I recognize in myself/or another person that is irritating me.  I would use that to work on myself and accept who I am or the other person and the possibility of change.  After some thoughtful and reflective self work, I would intentionally watch the program to see if I can watch or chose to change the channel without registering the emotion.  It would be an indication of growth and acceptance. 

Might be an insightful and learning experience.  

65a01d8d4dd6248a2be8755a3c9b48bef80c1543e2231c5dc1ae08363888da39.jpg

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Holy cow! Some of you are really coming down hard on @phoenixbrd for expressing her opinion.  I, too, think we should all look within ourselves to see our own flaws, rather than judge others for theirs.  We all have flaws; none of us is perfect!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

Re: Isaac and Jennifer

[ Edited ]

@Veridoc wrote:

This may have been asked before and I just overlooked it. Does anyone know if Isaac Mizrahi specifically asked that Jennifer be the only one to host with him? I like a lot of his pieces and try to stay with his shows when he is on but I have a hard time with her antics and end up changing channel and go online to look. I think Courtney Khondabi would be a good match with him.

@Veridoc,  Jennifer isn’t the only one who hosts with him.

I looked at the online program guide, and the scheduled Isaac Mizrahi shows are hosted by a variety of people.😊   

Just looking at next week, I see Courtney Webb, Shawn Killinger, Katrina Szish, Jane Treacy, Amy Stran, and only one show with Jennifer Coffey.

If you prefer a different Q host, you might want to preview the schedule using the the program guide to look for their names.

Here's the weekly guide for 6/3 to 6/9:

https://www.qvc.com/content/programguide.weekly.qvc.201906090000.eastern.html

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Trusted Contributor

I think you all have been hitting the Wen a little too much.  Jennifer has nothing over SK when it comes anything close to antics.

Super Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@Veridoc   I don't engage in conversation regarding hosts.  I just thought I would present a new perspective and offers insight into how I use small life irritations to grow and learn about myself.

If a TV host was giving me such a knee-jerk reaction that I can't watch or just chose to turn the channel without grinding my teeth....then there is an indication that there is some emotion there that I need to work on.  I would do some meditation and reflect if there is a quality about that host that I recognize in myself/or another person that is irritating me.  I would use that to work on myself and accept who I am or the other person and the possibility of change.  After some thoughtful and reflective self work, I would intentionally watch the program to see if I can watch or chose to change the channel without registering the emotion.  It would be an indication of growth and acceptance. 

Might be an insightful and learning experience.  

I don't hang on QVC 24/7. Just seemed like when I did have an opportunity to watch him she was the host. I don't grind my teeth while changing the channel. I don't need any yoga, meditation or therapy to find duck lip squinty eye faces or leg splits while talking tolerable. I was just asking a question. I appreciate your opinion and respect your right to express it.

Esteemed Contributor

I like Issac with Shawn 🥰

Esteemed Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

Interesting, because I was thinking about Jennifer and Isaac recently, too.

To answer your question, maybe hosts do ask to work with certain designers, but it doesn't appear to me QVC schedules them that way.  I remember years ago HSN always paired Colleen Lopez with Joan Rivers.  There was some sort of jealousy going on between the hosts who wanted their turn.  So, Colleen was no longer paired with Joan, but she was by far the the most compatible with Joan.   I do think QVC used to pair compatible hosts with designers, but not as much more recently.  And it shows.

I have seen Isaac with most of the other hosts, but IMO, he looks more comfortable with Shawn and Jennifer, Shawn more so, than any of the other hosts.  

My observation doesn't address whether I prefer the combinations, just that I think they are more compatible compared to other hosts.  

@Foxxee 

Any chance you mean Suzanne Somers?  Or/Sommers/Summers/however she spells it. Just asking as I don't recall Joan ever being on HSN but do recall Suzanne & Colleen together a lot.