Trusted Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

I prefer IM with anyone other than JC or SK.  Never watch when he's on with either....no matter what that might say about me.Smiley Wink

@Krimpette 

I totally agree with you.  And I think what that says about both of us is that we know what we like and what we don't like.  JC is a no-watch for me.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Isaac and Jennifer

[ Edited ]

@shaggygirl wrote:

@Foxxee wrote:

Interesting, because I was thinking about Jennifer and Isaac recently, too.

To answer your question, maybe hosts do ask to work with certain designers, but it doesn't appear to me QVC schedules them that way.  I remember years ago HSN always paired Colleen Lopez with Joan Rivers.  There was some sort of jealousy going on between the hosts who wanted their turn.  So, Colleen was no longer paired with Joan, but she was by far the the most compatible with Joan.   I do think QVC used to pair compatible hosts with designers, but not as much more recently.  And it shows.

I have seen Isaac with most of the other hosts, but IMO, he looks more comfortable with Shawn and Jennifer, Shawn more so, than any of the other hosts.  

My observation doesn't address whether I prefer the combinations, just that I think they are more compatible compared to other hosts.  

@Foxxee 

Any chance you mean Suzanne Somers?  Or/Sommers/Summers/however she spells it. Just asking as I don't recall Joan ever being on HSN but do recall Suzanne & Colleen together a lot.

@shaggygirl 

Could be Suzanne Somers.  It was so long ago.  I do remember it was Colleen Lopez though.  She made a statement about it.  Evidently, shoppers were very unhappy about the change.  

Trusted Contributor

I like Jennifer with Isaac, she is always prepared and looks great in his clothes.  I bought a top the other day as it looked great on her so hoping it looks good on me, sure it won't look great.  It just goes to prove that everyone has a different opinion and that is ok too.  

Respected Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

@shaggygirl wrote:

@Foxxee wrote:

To answer your question, maybe hosts do ask to work with certain designers, but it doesn't appear to me QVC schedules them that way.  I remember years ago HSN always paired Colleen Lopez with Joan Rivers.  There was some sort of jealousy going on between the hosts who wanted their turn.  So, Colleen was no longer paired with Joan, but she was by far the the most compatible with Joan.   I do think QVC used to pair compatible hosts with designers, but not as much more recently.  And it shows.

I have seen Isaac with most of the other hosts, but IMO, he looks more comfortable with Shawn and Jennifer, Shawn more so, than any of the other hosts.  

My observation doesn't address whether I prefer the combinations, just that I think they are more compatible compared to other hosts.  

@Foxxee 

Any chance you mean Suzanne Somers?  Or/Sommers/Summers/however she spells it. Just asking as I don't recall Joan ever being on HSN but do recall Suzanne & Colleen together a lot.

@shaggygirl 

Could be Suzanne Somers.  It was so long ago.  I do remember it was Colleen Lopez though.  She made a statement about it.  Evidently, shoppers were very unhappy about the change.

It was not Joan Rivers. She was not on HSN. Kathy Levine on QVC was matched up with Joan quite often until Kathy departed the company. Colleen Lopez was constantly paired with Suzanne Somers and they made a good pair...probably sold tons of merchandise over the many years. And then they somehow had a parting of the ways and Suzanne was then on with different hosts. Don't know what that was all about? Would be interesting to know. Woman Wink      

Esteemed Contributor

@Veridoc wrote:

This may have been asked before and I just overlooked it. Does anyone know if Isaac Mizrahi specifically asked that Jennifer be the only one to host with him? I like a lot of his pieces and try to stay with his shows when he is on but I have a hard time with her antics and end up changing channel and go online to look. I think Courtney Khondabi would be a good match with him.

No.  He works with a variety of hosts.  You probably tuned in during a time when he was paired with her and since you don't care for her  (which appears to the real basis for your post) it appears that he only works with her.

Esteemed Contributor

I have watched Issac's shows - but I don't watch anybody's show - if I don't like the host's presentations.  Rather than watch someone that I do not enjoy, I just don't watch that show. There are several hosts and vendors that I will not watch.  Needless to say, I really don't watch much QVC anymore. If I am really interested in the product, I look online. 

Respected Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

@Foxxee wrote:

@Foxxee 

I never saw or knew that Joan was on HSN either.  I thought she came to QVC shortly after QVC went on the air.  Maybe 1989 or 1990?  Not sure.  I could be wrong about HSN.

Honored Contributor

Isaac does pretty well with all of them.  Though I hate him with Shawn.  I can only take her in small doses.

Super Contributor

I think Jennifer is great hosting anything and I love Isaac period !

Honored Contributor

@Spurt   Thanks!  Life is about growth and reflection.  But I also love a light touch and a sense of humor!Heart