Honored Contributor

Re: Isaac TSV Hit or Miss

[ Edited ]

To me it's a BIG miss!  There is NOTHING that I like about this dress....

Respected Contributor

Re: Isaac TSV Hit or Miss

[ Edited ]

Honored Contributor

@PhilaLady1 wrote:

@evelyner wrote:

As a Jewish shopper on QVC, I was stunned. How she said that she purchase bc everyone is Christian as I'm listening and Jewish Gay Isaac is listening. I'm not sure what I want done. QVC likes to says they are so accepting. Time to say they're not antisemitic too. 

@evelyner 

I am Jewish, too.  I don't blame QVC for the caller, but I do firmly blame QVC for accepting calls.  They are trying to get younger shoppers and keep the old ones as well.  How does taking live calls from who knows who assist in that effort!?!   Thank goodness that it was experienced Mary Beth that took the call.  She handled it well.  I have been slowly but surely drifting away from buying from QVC and this is one more reason added to my list. I was a frequent shopped for about 30 years.  They are really making me dislike them at every turn. I do think that the dress is cute, but not for me.

I'm also Jewish and missed the call.  I feel very bad that Isaac had to endure that call.  Some of those calls are just over the top.

Trusted Contributor

Nothing cute about the dress, except the material. Looks awful with dressy heels. What happened to Isaac ? 

Trusted Contributor

BIG MISS.  It looks like a $15 house dress from WALMART. His clothing line is "you know,  like" OVERPRICED, BORING, and NOTHING special.

Super Contributor

download (1).jpg

Esteemed Contributor
I could do without the calls & I don’t watch QVC that much, but, it seems particular vendors like Isaac & Kim enjoy speaking with customers & customers enjoy talking to them.

It’s not QVC’s fault that the woman expressed an inappropriate viewpoint but we do have free speech in this Country so far. I’m sure Isaac has heard a lot worse.

QVC is not anti-Semitic & probably has many employees and vendors who represent many religions; you aren’t screened for religious beliefs in the workplace. You can’t control what people say & a lot of callers sound a little lonely, to me, so if it gives them joy who cares!

We have so many problems in society today because people are so thin skinned and everyone is worried about offending someone.

I didn’t hear the call but by reading posts, the caller was pro Christianity not anti anything. It’s not appropriate to express her views but not illegal nor should QVC be held responsible to monitor our thoughts or speech.

I see postings on this forum that are far worse than the caller’s comments.
Trusted Contributor

@Teddixat @Oh my gosh I felt the same way. The caller also said something like how glad she was that all the hosts were of the Christian faith (and how does she know that's true?)

Her insensitivity surprised me.

Honored Contributor

@Stray wrote:
I could do without the calls & I don’t watch QVC that much, but, it seems particular vendors like Isaac & Kim enjoy speaking with customers & customers enjoy talking to them.

It’s not QVC’s fault that the woman expressed an inappropriate viewpoint but we do have free speech in this Country so far. I’m sure Isaac has heard a lot worse.

QVC is not anti-Semitic & probably has many employees and vendors who represent many religions; you aren’t screened for religious beliefs in the workplace. You can’t control what people say & a lot of callers sound a little lonely, to me, so if it gives them joy who cares!

We have so many problems in society today because people are so thin skinned and everyone is worried about offending someone.

I didn’t hear the call but by reading posts, the caller was pro Christianity not anti anything. It’s not appropriate to express her views but not illegal nor should QVC be held responsible to monitor our thoughts or speech.

I see postings on this forum that are far worse than the caller’s comments.

@Stray   That caller barely paid any attention to Isaac.  Her motivation was not to call to talk to him or about the dress. It was very obvious that she had another agenda.  She addressed all her conversation to Mary Beth Roe. 

First, the question asking where is Kerstin, Carolyn, and Dan.  How did she expect Mary Beth to answer about Carolyn & Dan?   

Then, the near preaching about her faith was highly inappropriate for a testimonial call.  Context is key here; she knew exactly what she was doing.  It was just wrong.  

Trusted Contributor

@Teddixat wrote:

oh my goodness.  Some woman just called in talking about Jesus being her savior and all people should believe in Jesus.  Mary Beth handled it okay but there is Issac sitting there uncomfortably through it all.   What a train wreck.  I was very uncomfortable listening to her.

I did not hear the call but the woman should not have been allowed to go on and on.  Someone should have done the oops, we lost the call, when they realized where it was going.