Honored Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Spurt, I simply do not, and will never, buy the “if QVC doesn’t do what I/“we” want them to, they will go out of business” trope.  

I believe the real issue relative to all the complaints is that the complaints are coming from those who have shopped with QVC from early on in its existence and want their current viewing and buying experience to be just like it was 10-15 years ago. They don’t like the changes, and they won’t ever like or get with the changes - in the hosts, the mdse, the prices, the morals and vocabulary of the hosts, you name it.

If QVC doesn’t get “put back the way it was”, in the opinions of the old-timers it HAS to fail, because it’s not what they WANT any more - so of course it will fail without them. I just don’t buy that that’s true.

QVC is trying to be relevant to NEW customers, to customers who are their FUTURE, not their past. That is something every business should have on their plate. There are many mainstream, long-time b&m chains that have bitten the dust precisely because they didn’t think they needed to hurry keeping up.

The “threat” of “if QVC doesn’t do what I want I won’t shop there any more” resonates with the customers who are no longer intended to be QVC’s targeted demographic; that demographic has shifted and all the “they’ll be sorry they didn’t cater to me!” rants won’t accomplish anything. Those who will go down kicking and screaming that the senior demographic is the only one that will ever count and QVC better pay attention to them.

Meanwhile, QVC will continue to attempt to stay relevant by appealing more and more to viewers under 50.

Moonchilde,

So very well put.  Posters over 60 need to realize that we are not QVC’s target demographic.  Complaints about hosts sharing personal stories, making up words, not talking about colors, garment fit etc, dressing inappropriately etc., etc. are simply a waste of time.  QVC senior management does not care.  They are fully committed to QVC’s future as a entertainment/shopping channel.  This point has been clearly made by QVC’s top management staff in multiple print and video interviews.  Railing against these changes is a pure waste of time and energy. Customers can either climb aboard the train or get off and sit in the station.

@KathyPet, that’s about it as I see it.

And seriously, no one is going to change my mind about that, or “convince me” otherwise by the simple weight of their wanting it so badly. It is what it is, whether some choose to remain blind to that or not.

And honestly? I cannot bring myself to care deeply about any of it.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@bootsanne wrote:

I am not stupid enough to think QVC is going to bow down to a handful of us posters who are tired of the same old, same old.  But I think I am smart enough to know the demographic that the Q is trying to court is not going to shop here.  Try to get into an Apple store on a weekday.  Unless you have an appointment, you're in for a 2-3 hour stay.  The people who shop at Apple are not going to buy electronics from the Q.  The younger people I see at our huge outlet shoppes are probably not going to watch QF, SG, IM, DB, BM and plunk down $60 plus for a polyester top or over a hundred for some lounge pants.  I don't know one person who's ever spent a couple of thousand dollars on a piece of jewelry from a shopping channel.  I also think that the majority of us posters are probably middle-aged or a little older.  And any retailer who doesn't cater to us is crazy.  For the most part, we are mortgage free,  not crazy in debt and have money and time to spend.  And while I realize retailers have to evolve, having screaming, obnoxious  and repetitious programming is not going to get my money.  And I really don't need to be told to change the channel by the people who feel that is the answer to everything.  I can watch hours of Louis and Bob Mackie--and how I miss Nolan Miller and Joan Rivers and Jeanne Bice--but not even 2 minutes of SG, LG, or Belle or LR.  So everytime I change the channel, like many others, QVC has lost a sale.

@bootsanne

Very well said--- two-thumbs-up-smiley-emoticon.gif

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Re: Is this too much to ask

[ Edited ]

@TheMemphisVette wrote:

ok.  I have read and read many opinions and whining etc etc.   

I shop Q.  I shop HSN.  I shop Evine.  I shop Amazon.  I shop many many online retailers.  Most of my shopping is online.

NOT ONE of the online retailers meets ALL my needs.  Not remotely possible.  Nor expected.   It would never occur to me for any ONE of them to be all me me me.

I understand others have different needs, likes and wants. We are not all the same.  This is not that complicated to understand.   Whining because you don't like something is just plain inconsiderate.   Others do like it.   Find what you like, where you like it.   Let others do the same.  You don't like a vendor, others do.  You don't like a host, others do.  You don't like a style, others do.  You don't like a product, others do.  You don't like the programming, others do.  You don't like the price, others do.

Yes, you can whine if you want to.   But it really just shows lack of tolerance.   You are not in this world alone.  There are the rest of us.   We have our own likes and dislikes, they may not be the same as yours.   

Yet she rips those that go to malls and shop JCP on another thread....where's the TOLERANCE....LOL.  one of those do as a I say not as I do............

And it looks like all the people that like QVC as it is, just aren't enough to provide QVC with a glowing financial report............ 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@TheMemphisVette wrote:

ok.  I have read and read many opinions and whining etc etc.   

I shop Q.  I shop HSN.  I shop Evine.  I shop Amazon.  I shop many many online retailers.  Most of my shopping is online.

NOT ONE of the online retailers meets ALL my needs.  Not remotely possible.  Nor expected.   It would never occur to me for any ONE of them to be all me me me.

I understand others have different needs, likes and wants. We are not all the same.  This is not that complicated to understand.   Whining because you don't like something is just plain inconsiderate.   Others do like it.   Find what you like, where you like it.   Let others do the same.  You don't like a vendor, others do.  You don't like a host, others do.  You don't like a style, others do.  You don't like a product, others do.  You don't like the programming, others do.  You don't like the price, others do.

Yes, you can whine if you want to.   But it really just shows lack of tolerance.   You are not in this world alone.  There are the rest of us.   We have our own likes and dislikes, they may not be the same as yours.   

Yet she rips those that go to malls and shop JCP on another thread....where's the TOLERANCE....LOL.  one of those do as a I say not as I do............

And it looks like all the people that like QVC as it is, just aren't enough to provide QVC with a glowing financial report............ 

i ripped no one.  NO ONE.

you need to read entirely before you decide to play the baiting game.  reading is your friend.

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Respected Contributor

David Venable dance has been irking me lately. Now he's added a "Get it Get it Get it" while dancing. Frankly I find this type of behavior demeaning coming from a grown man. I can't imagine Bob Bowesox acting inappropriately. Just bring back the days of a simple  calmly demeanored host in the kitchen please !

Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

David Venable dance has been irking me lately. Now he's added a "Get it Get it Get it" while dancing. Frankly I find this type of behavior demeaning coming from a grown man. I can't imagine Bob Bowesox acting inappropriately. Just bring back the days of a simple  calmly demeanored host in the kitchen please !

IMO, Bob Boringsox was the worst host.

Respected Contributor

Bobs now doing community theatre in Key West. Feel horrible his wife left him I heard. 

Esteemed Contributor

I didn’t say QVC would be successful in its attempt to appeal to a younger demographic with its decision to go to a entertainment shopping channel.  I simply said that was the direction their senior management was choosing to go with.  Personally I think they will fail.  I believe that in 10 years there will.be no TV shopping channels.  The older demographic will die off and the younger customers they are hoping to attract will fail to appear.  My daughter is 35, has a full time job and a family to raise.  She finds the idea of sitting in front of the TV for hours watching someone sell 

“really ugly old lady clothing” (her words not mine) or a vacuum cleaner to be beyond her comprehension.  She is not going to buy a TV, a mattress, pots and pans or anything else from a TV shopping channel.  She wants it fast and cheap and QVC can not deliver on either of these counts.  The days of TV shopping channels is numbered.  Their older customers are dying and they will not be able to attract new younger ones.  

Honored Contributor

I have to agree with many opinions here on the younger demographic are probably not Q shoppers like us although it maybe changing.  The drawback imo for any shopper is:

You see a item on Q - you order.  Arrives and not what you expected - color, size, quality, etc.  Now comes returning the item - you lose at least $11 to just find out it doesn't fit your needs.

Taking into consideration there are 1,000s of places to shop and get free s/h and free returns (not just on apparel) and the younger generation does not have money to waste (those I know).  They are very selective in how they spend & honestly, I don't think many of them are "impulse" buyers.  Many of the beauty products are offered at all stores, I think they like to shop where they can feel the product, try it on & take it home same day! They're young and have you been to a mall on a weekend -- mobbed & not with us ol😉  The only thing I go there for is if I have too  or when I lived up north for the walking program offered before hours.

I do have to say I'm turning my newly married niece into a VPH junkie - she called me tonight and said Thank you "Qvc been here....nobody can believe these beautiful pieces come from Q" I love them

told her to watch VPH or holiday home shows she'll be addicted!!!

I sent her 4 pieces of VPH.  It's like all my shopping decor sprees one for me one for her!!!

Respected Contributor

@Reever (IMO) I imagine David might be bored with his shows. I wish they would do a complete "shake up"/Makeover on QVC.  Totally change up the hosts & their regular shows. I don't watch much, but has David ever done the "outside" shows? As a viewer, I got bored, so I can only imagine the hosts are bored. (again, just my opinion).