Honored Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

Yes these sales pitches are boring and repetitive for long time QVC customers. they are not aimed at you.  They are aimed at new customers and those sales pitches work!!

I would be very interested to see what sort of new and improved sales spiels the posters who complain about the same old presentations would suggest.   Come on ladies let’s hear what kind of new and innovative suggestions you would make to Josie , Susan, Renee etc that would get you to buy their products.

@KathyPet

Argan Oil-tired of that stale discovery story and seeing you GREASE up your body its a wonder you dont slide off the set ...how about seeing how it works on older models not 20 somethings like the older woman that helped you discover the stuff...i wanna see THAT WOMAN and how she looks 40 when when her chronological age is much older...If it works for her, maybe it will work for me--- those that have had "work done" need not audition......

Renee-many suggested this so many times--quit wigglin and jigglin and making the models show their butt, maybe my goal is to DE-EMPHASIZES while your POLYESTER RE-EMPHASIZES.....how does it do for the FRONT side of the body does it make you appear SLIMMER...thats what many of us want...too much polyester this isnt the 70's ya know...we want something updated....

Susan--easy---QUIET DOWN and gee at least let the host go through the colors before you start talking---PLEASE!!!  Can you please use different fabrics other than polyester....how about rayon, cotton blends...............

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

The question I ask myself when I tune in and something irritates me is not why doesn't QVC change -  it's why am I watching something that's doing nothing but annoying me.

TV can be like life -  I can change myself, but I can't do much to get others to change.  I'm working on me!

@millieshops

So is that why I hear both vendors and hosts say..."we read and heard your comments so we made some changes you requsted"....OR "at the request of QVC viewers we did.........."

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@pugvette74 wrote:

@AuntG I wish I could give you 10 hearts... It's amazing how some of the posters are tired of what the vendors say. They can quote them, but some of them say I do change the channel or they don't watch any longer... It's funny!!!

@bootsanne

And  I find it funny how some posters have to "supervise" what other posters write and criticize their posts whenever anyone expresses an opinion about QVC/hosts/vendors.(QVC watchdogs ---ready to defend anything "Q"--what a boring "hobby")...And they rival the hosts/vendors repetitiveness with the constant "change the channel" mntra.....(I think we know how to do that)....talk about funny

@Spurt Sounds like watching QVC is a boring hobby for those that complaint...

Valued Contributor

I am not stupid enough to think QVC is going to bow down to a handful of us posters who are tired of the same old, same old.  But I think I am smart enough to know the demographic that the Q is trying to court is not going to shop here.  Try to get into an Apple store on a weekday.  Unless you have an appointment, you're in for a 2-3 hour stay.  The people who shop at Apple are not going to buy electronics from the Q.  The younger people I see at our huge outlet shoppes are probably not going to watch QF, SG, IM, DB, BM and plunk down $60 plus for a polyester top or over a hundred for some lounge pants.  I don't know one person who's ever spent a couple of thousand dollars on a piece of jewelry from a shopping channel.  I also think that the majority of us posters are probably middle-aged or a little older.  And any retailer who doesn't cater to us is crazy.  For the most part, we are mortgage free,  not crazy in debt and have money and time to spend.  And while I realize retailers have to evolve, having screaming, obnoxious  and repetitious programming is not going to get my money.  And I really don't need to be told to change the channel by the people who feel that is the answer to everything.  I can watch hours of Louis and Bob Mackie--and how I miss Nolan Miller and Joan Rivers and Jeanne Bice--but not even 2 minutes of SG, LG, or Belle or LR.  So everytime I change the channel, like many others, QVC has lost a sale.

Honored Contributor

Re: Is this too much to ask

[ Edited ]

@pugvette74 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@pugvette74 wrote:

@AuntG I wish I could give you 10 hearts... It's amazing how some of the posters are tired of what the vendors say. They can quote them, but some of them say I do change the channel or they don't watch any longer... It's funny!!!

@bootsanne

And  I find it funny how some posters have to "supervise" what other posters write and criticize their posts whenever anyone expresses an opinion about QVC/hosts/vendors.(QVC watchdogs ---ready to defend anything "Q"--what a boring "hobby")...And they rival the hosts/vendors repetitiveness with the constant "change the channel" mntra.....(I think we know how to do that)....talk about funny

@pugvette74

Nope ....cause if we tune in to QVC and hear those same words we ...TURN THE CHANNEL

.............download.jpg

Sometimes if we are interested in a product coming up we might leave QVC on in the background as we busy ourselves with other things until what we see comes on.......that's what I did with Halo charger right before Valerie Parr Hill came on......

Frequent Contributor

Agree with you and more thanks

Honored Contributor

How about the vendor that calls almost everyone "mama"?

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Honored Contributor

Last evening the woman selling the Duraflame kept carressing it. Whats up w/that?

On another note that Duraflame weighs 19 lbs. I think that is kinda heavy for some people to carry around. Also could not find out where it was manuf.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Respected Contributor

ok.  I have read and read many opinions and whining etc etc.   

I shop Q.  I shop HSN.  I shop Evine.  I shop Amazon.  I shop many many online retailers.  Most of my shopping is online.

NOT ONE of the online retailers meets ALL my needs.  Not remotely possible.  Nor expected.   It would never occur to me for any ONE of them to be all me me me.

I understand others have different needs, likes and wants. We are not all the same.  This is not that complicated to understand.   Whining because you don't like something is just plain inconsiderate.   Others do like it.   Find what you like, where you like it.   Let others do the same.  You don't like a vendor, others do.  You don't like a host, others do.  You don't like a style, others do.  You don't like a product, others do.  You don't like the programming, others do.  You don't like the price, others do.

Yes, you can whine if you want to.   But it really just shows lack of tolerance.   You are not in this world alone.  There are the rest of us.   We have our own likes and dislikes, they may not be the same as yours.   

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Valued Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@pugvette74 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@pugvette74 wrote:

@bootsanne

@pugvette74

Nope ....cause if we tune in to QVC and hear those same words we ...TURN THE CHANNEL

.............download.jpg

Sometimes if we are interested in a product coming up we might leave QVC on in the background as we busy ourselves with other things until what we see comes on.......that's what I did with Halo charger right before Valerie Parr Hill came on......

I'll trade you my husband for that cat!!!