Super Contributor

VALERIES SHOWS PUT YOU IN A GOOD MOOD. SHE IS ALWAYS CALM  AND EXPLAINS DETAILS OF THE PRODUCT. AND THE MANY WAYS YOU CAN USE THEM. AND SUCH GOOD QUALITY!

Honored Contributor

@bootsanne,   I like when Shawn yells out to someone to order her two in ____ and ____ colors.  Give me a break!  So sick of that one.

kindness is strength
Regular Contributor

lol - i was waiting for that comment last time he was on - lol

Regular Contributor

is it too much for JM to stop making a mess with her creams - yuck - fingers in, all over jar - lol

Regular Contributor

Have to say..love David

Respected Contributor

Can't stand Mary Beth's "here's the scoop". She must say it at least half a dozen times in an hour. Hate David Venable doing a "happy dance" what kind of grown man dances when eating food? His new one "get it, get it get I think get it" also is grating. I also hate how Shawn always tries to look like she's still in her 20s. Who is this woman fooling ?

Regular Contributor

I used to always have QVC on as background as I was doing stuff around the house.  There is waaaaay too much chatter and it has became so annoying.  And I have never just sit down and watch any QVC show.  I would love to go back to the days of just a host presenting an item.  I am so tired of the "chatter" from all these vendors. So now, I just go on line, look at Items Presented and shop from there.  If something catches my eye, I'll watch the video presentation on that item.  

Several years ago QVC changed the way the hosts presented items. That didn't work for me. So now, the tv is on another channel or its off.  Sad, because I miss having it on as background.  

Honored Contributor

The question I ask myself when I tune in and something irritates me is not why doesn't QVC change -  it's why am I watching something that's doing nothing but annoying me.

TV can be like life -  I can change myself, but I can't do much to get others to change.  I'm working on me!

Respected Contributor

I am so sick of the Blue Jean Chef on QVC. Can't they hire other chefs? Ive heard her "pitch" so much I feel she is reading from a script.

Honored Contributor

@bootsanne wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

Yes, it is too much to ask.  The problem is that YOU have been watching for decades and like many of the older shoppers, you want to be entertained.  Back in the day, the shopping channels wooed us with their "clubby"  "just us girls"  "let's be friends" presentations.  Me too, I was a sahm and I'd turn on QVC or HSN and that was my companion all day, everyday.  But times have changed and the shopping channels are huge retailers now and the presentations are sales pitches.  While you and I and others like us have heard those presentations a million times; everyday thousands of new customers "discover" the shopping channels and it's all new to them.  Think of the presentations as infomercials.  The same infomercials play and play to attract new customers.  If you like watching QVC but are as bored and irritated as you seem to be, stop watching for awhile or limit the hours that you watch.  Just watch when you are looking for something specific and go online and check out the new items for a particular show.  I do that and I find that I don't even watch QVC Tv anymore.  Not much anyway, I click on during some commercial breaks and I watch a half hour of something that interests me.   

Sorry Chrystaltree, but I don't agree with you.  I don't watch QVC to be entertained, I watch QVC to buy.  I want to hear fabric content, I want to hear about fit, I want to see measurements.  I very seldom buy anything from HSN but I find their vendors, except for the Slinky brand lady, and their hosts to be much less annoying and redundant than QVC.  Very often HSN just has the host presenting the items which is much more enjoyable than hearing 2 people talking over each other.  I think the problem IS that QVC wants us to be "entertained".  If you watch say a popular sitcom and they repeat the same joke week after week, would you continue to be entertained? If the evening news repeated the same story every night, would you watch?  I'm just saying that when certain phrases and actions are repeated ad nauseum, it is a turn-off and QVC should realize that when we the buyers change the channel, that is a loss in sales.

@bootsanne

Your 110% right....Even QVC's CEO considers QVC both an entertainment as well as a shopping channel, and QVC is the one that has pushed "the hosts are your friends, write to them on their Facebook Page"....the host will say "will be reading your comments after the show"........"here is our Facebook question for the show today and show it on air"...."posts your photos"...."posts your recipes"...etc etc.... And all those "fun" and depending on the host "too long family stories".......we don't like hosts being loud and wont let vendors speak so they can go through the colors for the millionth time...........

Meanwhile its us customers that want MEASUREMENTS (they give a general one on the web page which I found to be either inaccurate or missing altogether), fabric and detailed product info instead of a list of people that this would be a good gift for....or giving us sceanrios..."you can wear it on date night, or going to the theater"....or at your kids/grandchild's soccer game"....or "if your planning the cruise".....or "perfect when you're going to the Hamptons for lunch"...or "to the pumpkin patch or apple picking".....

Or using the key sales word of the month over and over and over....

No, @chrystaltree  we aren't asking to go back to Marie Osmond Dolls, or Hello Kitty jewelry, or Victorian inspired decor, Tiffany Style lamps, or quilts by Phyllis George.....we just want some variety in products/programming and no we do not watch it 24 hours a day--WE DO TURN THE CHANNEL!!! but everytime we take a peek when we channel flip its the same ole stuff---and I have a relative that works in retail as a store Manager and she always says, "it takes more to bring in a new customer, so you got to do things to keep your loyal customers happy and keep them shopping".............

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”