Valued Contributor

I've been with QVC since the very beginning and I've purchased a lot.  Of all the shopping networks, I still think they're the best.  That being said, lately so many of the same old selling tactics have turned me into a much less watcher and spender.  So is it too much to ask that Josie Maran stop with the old lady who looks fabulous because of Argon oil, that Angel from QF stop with the karate kicks and the story about Dream Jeannes, that Renee stop tbat no more wiggle, no more jiggle dance?  Can SG please stop describing her fabric as "liquid"?  I drink liquids, and try not to wear them.  Can LG please stop with the everything goes with everything?  Only my husband believes in that theory which is why I monitor his outfits.  I'm sure when you're selling as much as these vendors do and face that much TV time, it's not easy.  However, they are professional and should be able to come up with some different schpiels and selling points.  And how can I forget Liam drawing on the models' legs and feet?

Super Contributor

I get tired of being told I "need" something.

Honored Contributor

I would suggest shopping online, checking out “Items Recently On Air” and previous hours. That way, you won’t be required to subject yourself to any of what annoys you so. Many people who post here shop strictly online and never watch QVC. They continue to be QVC customers without the stress. There are videos of products; I was just watching some.

It’s not like QVC or any of the disliked vendors are going to change their presentations - they’re just not going to, realistically. 

I personally long for the day when QVC gets sick of Mally’s obnoxiousness and people stop buying her “stuff”, and QVC boots her. But I’m not holding my breath.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Regular Contributor

Breezies double bubble trouble....ugh!

Respected Contributor

And David's "we'll get you squared away"

Respected Contributor

Hmmm. Makes me remember the host that tossed bags/purses around. One of the few things I thought was odd.

Esteemed Contributor

@bootsanne wrote:

I've been with QVC since the very beginning and I've purchased a lot.  Of all the shopping networks, I still think they're the best.  That being said, lately so many of the same old selling tactics have turned me into a much less watcher and spender.  So is it too much to ask that Josie Maran stop with the old lady who looks fabulous because of Argon oil, that Angel from QF stop with the karate kicks and the story about Dream Jeannes, that Renee stop tbat no more wiggle, no more jiggle dance?  Can SG please stop describing her fabric as "liquid"?  I drink liquids, and try not to wear them.  Can LG please stop with the everything goes with everything?  Only my husband believes in that theory which is why I monitor his outfits.  I'm sure when you're selling as much as these vendors do and face that much TV time, it's not easy.  However, they are professional and should be able to come up with some different schpiels and selling points.  And how can I forget Liam drawing on the models' legs and feet?

No, it is not too much to ask but unless you are trying to set a Guinness world record don't hold your breath for change.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Respected Contributor

Oh @bootsanne you had me laughing out loud with the "drink liquids and try not to wear them" and having to monitor your husband's wardrobe :-) 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Is this too much to ask

[ Edited ]

You're absolutely correct, @bootsanne!  But I always assume that QVC vendors are telling their stories to new customers.  Every day someone who's never seen QVC before will be watching -- these new customers have never heard the DreamJeannes story or the Argan lady story -- these new customers are the ones the vendors are talking to, not us oldtimers.  I wish there was some way to get the product histories told that wasn't so repetitive.  Are the histories really necessary to sell the products?   For me, the 'no more wiggle, no more jiggle' dance is a huge turn-off and I'll never buy any of Renee's clothing because of it.

I rarely watch QVC these days and, if I do, my TV is on mute.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

You forgot Tara bringing out the assorted stack of different ugly pans.