Respected Contributor

Re: Is this marketing technique effective to sell stuff? Too me it's worthless.

When I was a teen I tried to use that technique with my mother. It never worked. She always corrected me, and made me aware that it was really 60 bucks not 50 bucks as I tried to round down. Nothing like a dose of reality.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@SandySparkles wrote:

With annual net profits in the BILLIONS of dollars globally, I think it safe to say this company knows a thing or two, or three regarding effective marketing techniques, and proven sales tactics.😊

My credit card usage over the years is a testament to just how effective they are.😁

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

@SandySparkles 

Every time I see the term "sales tactics" it seems to be used to imply the retailer is actually trying to "trick" you into buying something.  

QVC is a major retailer and of course they want to sell more product.  If you walk into any store, you know you probably want to buy something.  Them advertising or presenting information is part of the sales process, but hardly a sneaky "tactic".    

@Tinkrbl44  I appreciate your perspective, and understand that the word "tactic" is sometimes used in reference to something sinister.😊  It was never my intent to imply anything untoward regarding The Q's sales strategies; nor would I ever.😁 It is quite the contrary. The "tactics" I referred to are those defined by Miriam-Webster dictionary as, " the art or skill of employing available means to accomplish an end" and another as, "a system or mode of procedure". Oxford defines it as, "an action or strategy carefully planned to achieve a specific end.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

Cry me a river for the well compensated QVC host.

A tough job is fighting a fire, or being a paramedic, or lifting garbage into a truck or....countless others......these hosts deserve very little "tough job" sympathy.

@Johnnyeager 

Oh, come on .... you are right that the jobs you mentioned are tough .... physical labor isn't easy.   But there are PLENTY of tough jobs out there that don't require physical labor .... but are difficult, nonetheless.