Honored Contributor

Is there a new board weirdness?

None of my thread topics are bolded.  The ones that have new, unread posts on them used to be in bold type.

Anyone having this problem?  Is there  a way to fix it? 

Honored Contributor

Re: Is there a new board weirdness?

@faeriemoon.  This one is in bold print.  I've never figured out why some are and some are not.  This board keeps you on your toes; always something going awry.  Laugh a minute.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Yes!  From signing in to the posts, everything is messed up. The op's know about it and have reported it to their IT dept. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@faeriemoon wrote:

None of my thread topics areboldedd.  The ones that have new, unread posts on them used to be in bold type.

@faeriemoon,

I still see the unread topics in bold, and those I have read are not in bold text.

I hope you didn't inadvertently click/tap on the

"Mark all posts in Community as Read" 

feature.   

Doing so will cause them all to lose the bold text until additional, newer responses are added.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

None of my thread topics areboldedd.  The ones that have new, unread posts on them used to be in bold type.

@faeriemoon,

I still see the unread topics in bold, and those I have read are not in bold text.

feature.   

Doing so will cause them all to lost the bold text until additional, newer responses are added.

I see that now; I wonder if I did....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@faeriemoon.  This one is in bold print.  I've never figured out why some are and some are not.  This board keeps you on your toes; always something going awry.  Laugh a minute.

@Kachina624 

@Kachina624 wrote:

As @dooBdoo has pointed out, depending on how you have your settings, the threads you have not read should be bolded.  Those you have read will not be.

If the forums are working as they should, that is.  Right now, who knows?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@faeriemoon wrote:

@dooBdoo wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

@faeriemoon,

feature.   

Doing so will cause them all to lose the bold text until additional, newer responses are added.

If all of them are not in bold, that's probably the answer, @faeriemoon.

Your only recourse is to click "Mark All Posts in Community as New" which will cause all of them to revert to bold (until you read them)

or

do nothing and allow the new responses on threads gradually to re-bold the topic lines.

I'm sorry that happened -- I think those 2 features should be removed.  It's too easy to click/tap by mistake (speaking from experience🙃😉).

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

They updated the software version I would bet and that is always a kwap shoot! You always have things to fix. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sooner wrote:

They updated the software version I would bet and that is always a kwap shoot! You always have things to fix. 

They've tried to "update" something here, @Sooner, and it's not looking good...🙀  but I don't think this issue with the bold text is related to that unless other people start reporting the same thing. 
But who knows, could be yet another "new board weirdness." 
Definitely agree with the "kwap shoot" description!  It is, isn't it. (sigh)

Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

@dooBdoo wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

@faeriemoon,

feature.   

Doing so will cause them all to lost the bold text until additional, newer responses are added.

If all of them are not in bold, that's probably the answer, @faeriemoon.

Your only recourse is to click "Mark All Posts in Community as New" which will cause all of them to revert to bold (until you read them)

or

do nothing and allow the new responses on threads gradually to re-bold the topic lines.

I'm sorry that happened -- I think those 2 features should be removed.  It's too easy to click/tap by mistake (speaking from experience🙃😉).

@dooBdoo I think there may be some board weirdness because I just came back to my computer and everything was bolded. Then I clicked on another forum and everything was unbolded.  If it doesn't correct itself I'll mark everything as unread and start from scratch.  You're right, those features are kind of stupid, and they are definitely in a bad location.  Thanks for the help. Smiley Happy