Honored Contributor

Is the Beauty iQ Channel Going Away??

Elise Ivy, one of the Beauty iQ hosts, posted a thank you note early this morning on her IG page regarding her time with the beauty channel:

Elise Ivy BiQ.jpeg

QVC only shows live broadcasts M-F, 8pm to 12am, and started all the non-beauty programming last year.

I watched the channel sometimes (not often), and did appreciate the tutorials, rather than merely the hard sell.  Maybe that's what did it in, not enough sales in comparison to the money invested to keep it a stand-alone beauty channel. 

I guess we'll soon find out.

Regular Contributor

Re: Is the Beauty iQ Channel Going Away??

Thanks for posting. That's too bad. I also enjoy the tutuorials and the setting of beautyIQ. 

Honored Contributor

It sure sounds like it will soon be a thing of the past.

I don’t think it ever took off like they hoped.  Too many people didn’t get the TV channel and had to watch on computer.  Not enough live shows, and I’m not sure their target audience watches television anyway.  Add to that, now they have acquired HSN.  There was a hint of this when they stopped beauty programming during the holidays.

I didn’t watch it often because I’m not that interested solely in beauty products.  Also, I found it difficult to watch for too long because it wasn’t in HD.  And I didn’t like the camera angles and setting.  All that said, I too did enjoy the tutorial aspect of the shows.  I hope QVC can incorporate that into at least some of their beauty shows in the future.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@geezerette wrote:

It sure sounds like it will soon be a thing of the past.

I don’t think it ever took off like they hoped.  Too many people didn’t get the TV channel and had to watch on computer.  Not enough live shows, and I’m not sure their target audience watches television anyway.  Add to that, now they have acquired HSN.  There was a hint of this when they stopped beauty programming during the holidays.

I didn’t watch it often because I’m not that interested solely in beauty products.  Also, I found it difficult to watch for too long because it wasn’t in HD.  And I didn’t like the camera angles and setting.  All that said, I too did enjoy the tutorial aspect of the shows.  I hope QVC can incorporate that into at least some of their beauty shows in the future.

I feel the exact same way @geezerette.  I watched a few times over the years, but never regularly. 

Perhaps the main channel's Friday Night Beauty (Sandra & Alberti) could be expanded or changed into a once a week tutorial format beauty show.

Honored Contributor

Didn't know this but is probably explains why I see Courtney back on the Q and I have been seeing Elise on both the Q & Q2. I never know who this allusive Elise was as I don't watch the beauty Q. Now I see her more oft.

Glad to see both ladies back.

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD   Yes, the three original Beauty iQ hosts are indeed showing up more & more on the other two channels.  Alberti has really been around -- he's on Q2 a lot with decor shows, and the main channel with beauty, gourmet, fashion, and even shoe shoes recently.

Honored Contributor

@geezerette QVC did not acquire HSN.  They are both owned by Quarate (sp?).

Trusted Contributor

That's the impression I got from Courtney when she signed off last night. I was half asleep but I could have sworn she said something about QVC3.

Esteemed Contributor

From the Qurate 10-K

On December 31, 2018, Qurate Retail transferred its 100% ownership interest in HSN to QVC through a transaction among entities under common control. 

References throughout this annual report to "QVC" refer to QVC, Inc,. which includes HSN, QVC U.S. and QVC International.

Trusted Contributor

If they would have aired it in HD, maybe this wouldn't have. been an ending. It's difficult selling cosmetics in poor lighting, the models/hosts have shiny faces and overall, it doesn't entice me to buy makeup there. I think a lot of ppl just go to Youtube rather than watch a long one hour presentation also.