Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Is the Beauty iQ Channel Going Away??

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

Elise Ivy, one of the Beauty iQ hosts, posted a thank you note early this morning on her IG page regarding her time with the beauty channel:

Elise Ivy BiQ.jpeg

QVC only shows live broadcasts M-F, 8pm to 12am, and started all the non-beauty programming last year.

I watched the channel sometimes (not often), and did appreciate the tutorials, rather than merely the hard sell.  Maybe that's what did it in, not enough sales in comparison to the money invested to keep it a stand-alone beauty channel. 

I guess we'll soon find out.

I hope so!!!!

Honored Contributor

Courtney Cason made a video and in a nutshell, Beauty iQ has had its last show, and the channel is now the new QVC3.  It will have all pre-recorded shows (all kinds of items) for viewers to watch again. She said QVC3 will be considered the 4th channel.

Thankfully, everyone who worked in front and behind the cameras at Beauty iQ are coming over to QVC and QVC2. 

She also said Beauty iQ will become “QVC’s 1st ever digital channel experience.”   No, I have no idea what that means.

Honored Contributor

If "digital" means watching on computer or phone, I'm out.  I think  this "merger" and more channels is ruining QVC and HSN.  I'm buying more cosmetics at dept. stores now and get free shipping and returns, plus I use the all cosmetics store too.

Honored Contributor

I think it's called oversaturation....QVC and QVC2 already had so many beauty shows--Tuesday/Friday and scattered during the week....PLUS they load up on what's supposed to be fashion/accessory shows with beauty products, and every weekend on the Q regular channel a couple of these are featured----Josie Maran/It Cosmetics/Philosophy/Peter Thomas Roth..So with all that exposure already I dont think Beauty IQ brought in the $$$$$ to justify the additional expense.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

I watched it once and was bored to tears.  Anyone who has used cosmetics or skincare doesn't need hours of explanation of how products work or are used.

Regular Contributor

I will miss Beauty IQ, much more fun staff, atmosphere, more tutorials with more allotted time and very little hard sell. 

Honored Contributor

I liked the hosts of BeautyIQ and enjoyed some of the shows.  I liked the demos more than those on regular channel.   I think Courtney Cason really found her niche on this channel.  I liked Elise too.  I always enjoy Alberti--but think of him more as a regular Q channel host.   I did not like all the repeat shows and hated when I saw something with a "big deal" and it had already expired because I was seeing a rerun.

By getting rid of Beauty IQ I just saved myself a ton of money. I totally looked forward to watching live 8pm-12am every night. Elise & Courtney were GREAT!!!! I want my beauty IQ back Smiley Sad