Esteemed Contributor

Re: Is it my imagination, or....

@Kachina624 wrote:

Strangely, nobody seems to take voice quality into account when hiring reps to demo their products.  Apparently they don't realize some voices are so unpleasant they are instant channel changers.  My outstanding candidates are the Kitchenaid lady, Jackie who represents Slinky on HSN and GILI Jill.

@Kachina624 Who is the blond woman on HSN who seems to be on all the time and talks faster than the anyone on QVC?  Instant channel change for me

Valued Contributor

Katrina Szich, host, is a channel changer for me

Esteemed Contributor

I could not understand a word Jill Martin was saying Friday night - not that I needed to know or care b/c I wasn't interested in her floppy over the shoulder blanket ...........and.....I have a a large BOSE' sound system unit hooked to my TV.

The high voice level of these females is unbelievable.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Desertdi wrote:

@Kachina624  I couldn't watch Jackie (HSN) even if she was selling hot fudge banana splits................

@Desertdi 

Not even peanut butter cups. Sometimes when I'm surfing channels during ads she'll be on and I have to, just have to stop and listen for a few seconds just to see if maybe, just maybe, she went for voice training since the last time she was on, but no luck. Does she own the brand or something, or maybe her husband does, that she continues to rep it? Her voice is the pits, like one long nasally same toned whine. It's annoying in the same way the dentist's drill is.

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Strangely, nobody seems to take voice quality into account when hiring reps to demo their products.  Apparently they don't realize some voices are so unpleasant they are instant channel changers.  My outstanding candidates are the Kitchenaid lady, Jackie who represents Slinky on HSN and GILI Jill.

The Slinky lady takes me over the edge....

Respected Contributor

Strangely .. i had to changed the channel the other day due to a host or

vendors voice .. don't remember which ....

and I have several news people I have to often mute ....

Honored Contributor

Maybe the people who interview these people speak like the hosts and vendors so they think this is normal pitch and speak. I have a feeling many things that were considered important and desirable in how one presents themselves and speaks has gone by the wayside. Too bad.

Honored Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Kachina624 Who is the blond woman on HSN who seems to be on all the time and talks faster than the anyone on QVC?  Instant channel change for me

@mspatmac : I think you mean Valerie Stup. I agree...

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

@handygal2 

I focus on the products. I have no problem listening or understanding vendors with different voices.

It bothers me that so many complain about the natural sound of someone else’s voice but maybe others hear differently...

Trusted Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

@DottieD wrote:

Not your imagination at all.  Hello, Mimi McKenzie (Landie's Candies Lady)!  She's an instant channel changer for me.

@DottieD : The Keurig lady, and Dyson vacuums lady, too.

The Philips Sonicare vendor today.