Honored Contributor

Re: Is it my imagination, or....

@Kachina624 wrote:

Strangely, nobody seems to take voice quality into account when hiring reps to demo their products.  Apparently they don't realize some voices are so unpleasant they are instant channel changers.  My outstanding candidates are the Kitchenaid lady, Jackie who represents Slinky on HSN and GILI Jill.

@Kachina624 

Jackie is one of the best prepared and knowledgeable vendors I’ve heard on any shopping channel.

Honored Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

@handygal2 

I focus on the products. I have no problem listening or understanding vendors with different voices.

It bothers me that so many complain about the natural sound of someone else’s voice but maybe others hear differently...

@willdob3 : You make a good point re: different people possibly perceiving voices differently.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

Yes, seems as though voices are higher pitched.

Including my own............I was just the other day thinking and wondering why my voice has been higher pitched.

Could be because of all of my computer problems, and I was stressed to no end for a couple of weeks.

Telling neighbors about all of those problems, etc............

Everything's fine now Heart , thank goodness, and I'm hoping that my voice calms down back to normal.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mombo1 wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Strangely, nobody seems to take voice quality into account when hiring reps to demo their products.  Apparently they don't realize some voices are so unpleasant they are instant channel changers.  My outstanding candidates are the Kitchenaid lady, Jackie who represents Slinky on HSN and GILI Jill.

The Slinky lady takes me over the edge....

@Mombo1: I can't hit the mute button fast enough when Jackie speaks!  LOL 

Trusted Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

....lately, do more of QVC’s vendors, a/k/a “brand ambassadors,” have high-pitched voices that are difficult to listen to?? Whenever l hear this, l change the channel, and that’s a potential lost sale for the Q. Does anyone else notice this, and does it bother you?

Pleasant speaking voices— for both hosts and vendors— would go a long way toward increasing the Q’s sales numbers. JMHO.

Unfortunately, not your imagination. I feel the same way.

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning
Esteemed Contributor

@Mombo1 wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

The Slinky lady takes me over the edge....

Her speech always reminds me of someone who has a severe hearing impairment, and learned to make the sounds without hearing the nuances.

She's completely understandable, but I get the impression she can't fully hear herself.

Esteemed Contributor

@DottieD wrote:

Not your imagination at all.  Hello, Mimi McKenzie (Landie's Candies Lady)!  She's an instant channel changer for me.

@DottieD ... another two are the Dyson representative & the Shark representative 🤔

Honored Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Kachina624 

Jackie is one of the best prepared and knowledgeable vendors I’ve heard on any shopping channel.

@willdob3.  Maybe but that doesn't compensate for her squawky voice.  It's a shame she's burdened with that.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment