Super Contributor

Is it my eyes or is it the QVC set lighting?

I'm not sure why, but today it seems like all of the hosts and models have on GOBS of makeup. Maybe its because "everyone" is doing tanning treatments and the makeup over the top of it is too much.

I adore Antoinella but she looked like her makeup could have been scraped off with a putty knife today. Thinking it might just be her I kept watching and then, they had several very young makeup and earring models on with facial close-ups who seemed like they all had gallons of makeup on.

Maybe it's just my new glasses? Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Is it my eyes or is it the QVC set lighting?

Today's TSV is makeup.  The hosts likely have one of everything on.

Contributor

The very worst was the Laura Geller segment.  Everybody looked like they were wearing a mask and all the wrinkles were etched in.  I watched in facination!

Trusted Contributor

@AussieLuvr I was thinking & seeing the same thing, so it must be them & not us. Thx, I feel sane again, I think.

Trusted Contributor

@Kitty 2889 I noticed that too! It sure did look like they were wearing masks!  Can you imagine seeing them in real time, bet it would scare us! I'm not being mean, just honest. 

Valued Contributor

I thought it was just me.  I noticed it too.

One of the hosts on another channel said they now have high-def makeup to cover all the stuff the high-def shows.

Trusted Contributor

@GCR18 I bet they do too, lol! I wouldn't want to scrape all the off!

Super Contributor

Even Laura Geller didn't look like her usual self last night. Was it her hair or the TSV. Not a good lookSmiley Sad

Trusted Contributor

@Lapdog You are not alone! I really thought I was losing it for awhile, so happy that @AussieLuvr posted this. 

Super Contributor

To all:

Realizing they need lots of makeup due to the on set lighting, it still seemed excessive today and I'm glad I wasn't the only one who noticed!

Foundation and eyebrows were crazily (is that a word?) thick today. I get the idea of shaping and adding a bit of color to eyebrows but if a person went out in public like that they'd scare people! The foundation was so thick that it made their faces look like they had gullies and canyons instead of lines, which is exactly what they say the products they sell DON'T do.

When I was younger and single and put makeup on every single morning, I used brown mascara on my eyebrows, and then used a clean, washed old mascara brush from a used up mascara to brush through the brows and get rid of any flakes or excess product. I think it looked better than the stuff they're charging a fortune for today. Smiley Happy