Respected Contributor

Re: Is it just the picture on our cable system??

Yes, having same issue. Started out on QPlus but within last week started also on regular Q. QPlus seems to be that way every time I switch to that channel. With regular Q it's sporadic, usually starts late in day. Everyone does not have HD.
Frequent Contributor

I   noticed this last week too - all of a sudden VERY skinny folks on QVC Plus but not on QVC. We had DISH. However, we switched to Direct TV and all is fine. The rep told us that QVC was HD not sure whether QVC Plus is or not. I ccouldn't figure out why that happend all of a sudden. If it isn't a problem at QVC, then it must be with DISH. Guess I don't have to worry since we dropped them. After 10 plus years with DISH, they priced themselves out of our lives! LOL!  So now we'll see what happens with Direct.

Honored Contributor

I am glad you brought this up!

I have to constantly switch the ratio proportions of the TV screen (the resolution setting) 

We have direct TV

The picture never looks quite right... usually the people look too fat or too skinny.

Don't even get me started on the sound... it often does sound muted or muffled.

Makes it difficult to purchase fashion.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Regular Contributor

My TV does the same and I have Dish. It's hard on the eyes to say the least. Maybe it's on QVC's end as it makes the host look very skinny. 

Valued Contributor

I'm in NYC and have Dish, and this started a couple of weeks ago.  It happens randomly, so the picture might be normal now, but if I tune in to QVC later in the day, I get the vertically narrow picture.  I saw @Beth's response, but maybe QVC should check in with the cable providers on a formal basis and find out what the problem is.

Respected Contributor

It is happening to me too. I have Dish but it is only happening on QVC. If it were DIsh's fault, wouldn't other stations be impacted as well?

New Contributor

If you watch the QVC HD feed,the picture should be ok,at least it is for me on DirecTV. For the last few days,QVC has been broadcasting their SD feed in a full 16:9 format,just like they are now broadcasting QVC Plus.They usually crop the right side of the feed and broadcast it in 4:3 format. Dish Network doesn't carry the HD feed & only the SD feed. Evine & HSN broadcast their SD feed in letterboxed 16:9 format(with black bars on the top & bottom). Maybe QVC should start airing their SD feed in this format as well.
New Contributor

Here's a screencap of how the QVC SD feed looks on DirecTV,so it's how QVC is sending out their SD feed to every provider nationally. HD feed is ok as usual https://instagram.com/p/BRjsxYiB7fK/
Valued Contributor

I thought they started using a different lens on the camera to make everyone look taller and thinner. My picture right now is that way on QVC and only on QVC. I have comcast but every other channel is fine. I am also in PA. Em

Contributor

Yes in Deed. I have three television sets that look as if every lost 25# and grew at least a foot.  I am in Ct. and have Comcast.