Frequent Contributor

Re: Is it just the picture on our cable system??

@grandma03 wrote:

Yes in Deed. I have three television sets that look as if every lost 25# and grew at least a foot.  I am in Ct. and have Comcast.

It happens here in FL every night at 8, then is fine at midnight. I also have Comcast.

There's always a lot to be thankful for if you take time to look for it.
For example, I am sitting here thinking how nice it is that wrinkles don't hurt.
Esteemed Contributor

We have Comcast and it's been having problems in my area for weeks. 

Respected Contributor

I only have the issue with Q and QPlus. I have Cox. Even though it is sporadic, I usually move on it becomes that way.
Respected Contributor

@domel  I also live in PA and have Comcast and the picture on both my TVs looks just fine.

But perhaps if the hosts look stretched out, you are the only one who can see how they really look (not all skinny, etc. or like they wish they looked).

Spoiler
Spoiler
Cat Indifferent
Valued Contributor

Yes! This happened to me also! About a week ago one evening I turned on QVC and noticed how funny and strange the picture looked--very narrow screen and everyone looks strectched out and super thin. It appears on all my QVC channgls through Direct TV. Now my other tv that is just digital and is not hooked up to any cable or satellite the QVC Over the Air channel appears fine.
Occasional Contributor

Both of our TVs are doing that right now; just on QVC.

Honored Contributor

@domel: I have this problem on QVC Plus, b/c that's not in HD. (I have Optimum cable). There's an easy remedy. Press the # key at the bottom right of the numbers pad, and it will give you two other picture resolution options. Then, when you change the channel back to an HD station, press the # again to go back to the original resolution. This might not work for all cable providers. Hope this helps.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Super Contributor

@domel wrote:
Has anyone else's picture during qvc shows, especially at night had a picture that is extremely narrow. Not only do all of the hosts and models look stretched out but so does the item number and description box. It isn't all the shows. Maybe it just cable carrier but not just my television, other members of my family have had the same problem. Just tonight, the picture was fine up until the LOGO show.

Please fix it if it on the side of qvc.

Yes!! I have the same problem when watching lately! Really hard to watch...

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I also have Uverse and the picture on QVC Plus is awfully narrow and difficult to watch.

Honored Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

@domel: I have this problem on QVC Plus, b/c that's not in HD. (I have Optimum cable). There's an easy remedy. Press the # key at the bottom right of the numbers pad, and it will give you two other picture resolution options. Then, when you change the channel back to an HD station, press the # again to go back to the original resolution. This might not work for all cable providers. Hope this helps.

Yes, I have Optimum also and only have the problem on QVC plus. I thought it might be the HD problem as my regular QVC is in HD and always looks fine.