Trusted Contributor

I live in a home with 2 men. I bought some 2 years ago and love it. I know it is a little distasteful for TV,  but if I hadn't seen it on here, I wouldn't had known about it. Bought some for  my daughter and daughter in law for Christmas last year. All smiles.

Honored Contributor

I would buy it for people I know well and I thought wouldn't be offended.  For a casual aquaintance....probably not.  For myself, it wouldn't offend me. I look at it this way.....  why wouldn't someone appreciate a gift that might actually save their guests some embarassment.  

Esteemed Contributor

I have a question for those that have used Poo-Pourri.  I understand it is an essential oil so am wondering is an oily film is left in the bowl after flushing?

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

@Marp wrote:

I have a question for those that have used Poo-Pourri.  I understand it is an essential oil so am wondering is an oily film is left in the bowl after flushing?

@Marp - I haven't noticed any problem with that.  All I notice is the lovely scent in the air after flushing!  And, in addition, any film that might be there (again, none that I've noticed) would be gone with routine cleaning.

Honored Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

No, @kittymom56, it's not just you.  I think it's offensive that it's even sold on a TV shopping channel.  I'm sure it's a great product and many people use it, but very inappropriate to be sold on TV.  And yes, I would be offended if I received it as a gift.

I don't see any reason it's offensive, any more than other personal items that are sold on TV.  Think of all the commercials for "personal products"?

It's a product they're selling.  It's that simple.

Frequent Contributor

I might not be "offended" at the gift, but I'd think the giver of such an odd gift had lost their mind!!!! 

Honored Contributor

No, I wouldn't be offended.

Regular Contributor

I bought it the first time around as a gag gift for all my brother-in-laws!! Then when all my sisters and sister-in-laws raved it was awesome and realy worked I bought it for my own household. Now its always stocked in my bathrooms. Its in my travel bag. A small one is in my car. I also make sure my boys have it at their college apartments!!! Not only does it work in the bathroom its great to spritz in the kitchen to get rid of cooking odors and great to freshen up the car that can sometimes smell stale.

Respected Contributor

Re: Is it just me?

[ Edited ]

Reading this thread convinced me to try the stuff. I chose the bundle with the purse size included. The Q price is better than what I have seen our local stores. I like the idea that it works on kitchen odors too.

Honored Contributor

Believe it or not there was a time when gifting someone with soaps was offensive because it suggested the person needed to wash.... LOL, that has now gone and giving soaps, lotions, shower gels, etc are perfectly acceptable.  

My sister-in-law had some in her guest bath last time we visited and I tried it.... nice stuff. I actually find the subject very funny and would gift someone I know well with some (tongue-in-cheek) ... (Still finding it funny).....  Woman Wink  

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*