Respected Contributor

This over the top quanity updates. Last night it was rediculous , we have 6 thousand left in the blue 5 thousand left in the pink. Please don't make this about any of the hosts , it has to be the producers. I really appreciate it when quanities are getting low , because when they say limited quanities on screen , they mean it. I can't tell you how many times i waited too long and missed out. But i have never noticed it till lately on items that aren't even in danger of selling out. Maybe i was just in an overly irritated mood , i almost turned the show off.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@MW in Iowa  I do notice David Venable doing the colors/quantities on his kitchen shows alot lately.  This is kind of like what your saying, that when people think there's going to be a sell out that is when they think they need to order or they'll miss out so they do.

Valued Contributor

Has anyone noticed how many times Jane has said "I'm freaking out" on tonight's show? That along with "like" it's very juvenile for someone that's 60. 

Respected Contributor

Totally agree and it has always bugged me. Do they think we're going to run and audit their numbers? It's one of the reasons I no longer tune in and do my shopping on line.

Respected Contributor

@MW in Iowa, are you saying that 6,000 of an items left is so much that potential customers should not be concerned about a sell out?

I think the amount of 6,000 is a very small amount for some popular items being shown across the country both on television and online.

Honored Contributor

Its really a stupid waste of effort because it doesn't matter if none are in MY size.  So it tells me nothing.  It does get tedious.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Etoile308 wrote:

@MW in Iowa, are you saying that 6,000 of an items left is so much that potential customers should not be concerned about a sell out?

I think the amount of 6,000 is a very small amount for some popular items being shown across the country both on television and online.

Actually this was on a TSV that was going to expire in 15 minutes , so no i think there was any danger of it selling out. Like i said i appreciate it when they warn customers of last call , but i have noticed lately they do it every 5 minutes , this just my opinion and no reflection on any hosts , just the desperate sell that the producers are communicating in their ear constantly. I have watched QVC for 25 years at least and i have never noticed it as much until recently.

Valued Contributor

@KittySoftPaws wrote:

Has anyone noticed how many times Jane has said "I'm freaking out" on tonight's show? That along with "like" it's very juvenile for someone that's 60. 

I noticed on the shoe programs Jane constantly reminds us not to leave any in your cart, hurry and check out. You will miss out, only order of the year, etc. Tiresome and pushy. Desperation is setting in. Can't watch anymore.

Honored Contributor

@MW in Iowa   I understand exactly what you mean.  There's been a large uptick in QVC wanting to scare shoppers in the call to action strategy. 

It's similar to those annoying pop-ups on item pages that try to scare you by stating:

"Hurry! Going Fast!

30 shoppers have purchased this today"

or the other pop-up:

"GOING, GOING....

100 shoppers have added this to their cart today -- it's moving fast!"

I think the hosts' extra urgent selling tactics coincide with QVC adding those annoying pop-ups as part of their desperation-sales strategy.

Respected Contributor

I agree that there is an undeniable, greatly increased pressure sales mandate in place.

With 4th quarter 2022 numbers looming and the first quarter of 2023 coming to a close, I can only surmise that projections by the number crunchers do not look great.