Honored Contributor

Is There a Cardboard Box Shortage Now?

I recently ordered a Lawless lippie trio.  I got it today.  The Post Office delivered it separately from my regular mail.  Not sure why.  Usually if the box is too large for the mailbox, it still comes via regular mail and they just drop it on my front porch.  But this time it came via their special package delivery person who I met at the front door because I was taking my step-stool outside at the time to trim a shrub.  This is what I got.  There was also one of those air-filled packing which consisted of several of those air-filled units, but it wasn't enough to really protect anything.

Overpackaging_.jpg 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Is There a Cardboard Box Shortage Now?

@Icegoddess... Oh. Good. Grief !!!! 😳
Honored Contributor

I recently got a shipment from amazon in a plastic bag and there was something written on the bag (I wish I could remember or had written it down) but it said something to the effect that this is as sturdy as a small box.  It was imprinted on the plastic wrapping.

Esteemed Contributor

I ordered some live plants ( roots) from Breacks that came in a plastic bag . Usually they arrive in a box . I was really galde the roots had not been damaged !

Honored Contributor

No shortage I don't think - I just got a lowly little dress in a box this past week. Not long ago i got a box from either hsn or qvc whereby the box was huge and had a tiny little package inside. I laughed outloud at that one. Currently I'm returning 3 dresses in that small box from last week. They all fit. sending it back.

Honored Contributor

I get a few of these as well from the big A store. It was fine.

Honored Contributor

@skatting44   Holy cow, damaged or not, I'd be really griped if I ordered plants from somewhere and they came tome in a plastic bag!!!!!!!  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Icegoddess   What on earth is a Lawless lippie trio????  And why would a box like the pictured one indicate a 'cardboard box shortage'?

Honored Contributor

@KatieB wrote:

@Icegoddess   What on earth is a Lawless lippie trio????  And why would a box like the pictured one indicate a 'cardboard box shortage'?

@KatieB Lawless is the name brand.  Lippie is the term I use for lip cosmetics that arent lipsticks.  There's 3 of them.  I was being a bit facetious asking if there was a cardboard box shortage, but one could come to that conclusion thinking they didn't have any smaller boxes to put such a small product in to ship.  Maybe it's just a small cardboard box shortage.  The pic shows the product I got inside the box it came in.

Respected Contributor

WHy do vendors seem to use a box that is so huge for the product they are sending?  What a waste and more jiunk for the landfill.  I sure hope all this cardboard is being recycled!