Trusted Contributor

Re: Is QVC saying good-bye?

[ Edited ]

I prefer not to use the app and only use my iPad to check the website since I stopped watching years ago. There are many older viewers, though, who watch QVC on their regular TV. I hope QVC doesn't forget the very people who have been with them from the start and helped them grow their business. Some big companies have done that to their peril. JCP is just one example. I guarantee the millennials I know never, ever watch QVC on any platform and would never buy anything on QVC...they are simply not interested in anything Q or HSN have to offer. They shop Wayfair, Amazon, Target, Etsy, and Marketplace for the most part. 

Trusted Contributor

It may take QVC too long to figure out abandoning their original customer demographic was a huge mistake...by then they may be too far gone to return to their customer base. Their base does want updated merchandise, but guess they never considered that. Also, they are painting every millennial with a broad brush. I do have to wonder who they hired for this type of research and how many focus groups they had before moving away from the base. Surely, the focus groups came up with something between frumpy and risqué.

Trusted Contributor
  • It may take QVC too long to figure out abandoning their original customer demographic was a huge mistake...by then they may be too far gone to return to their customer base. Their base does want updated merchandise, but guess they never considered that. Also, they are painting every millennial with a broad brush. I do have to wonder who they hired for this type of research and how many focus groups they had before moving away from the base. Surely, the focus groups came up with something between frumpy and risqué.
Respected Contributor
@Duckncover, I’m a Gen-X. Many of my friends are regular QVC shoppers.
Valued Contributor

Not interested. I don't even have a cell phone and never will. Streaming is horrible here, just constant buffering even with a great modem. I avoid it whenever I can. I hope they always have their website and TV channel(s).

"I never changed, I just learned."
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I don't care where they push you to shop, if they don't improve their product lines and their ability to ship and handle returns, they might as well be spitting in the wind. Get your core issues fixed first. Inadequate Hosts, Programming, S/H, and Product Lines, just to mention a few. The fact that you have three channels that provide absolutely nothing, speaks volumes of your lack of business acumen...so sad!

Respected Contributor

Re: Is QVC saying good-bye?

[ Edited ]

Won't be using QVC's streaming, have the app but never us it, to small for me to see things. I use my large computer to read here and look at things posters are talking about.  I agree with @DasMEM2  that said it won't matter how the Q tries to direct it's sales from.  Unless they show items younger people want to purchase it is all for naught.  The majority of fashions are mature, frumpy, obnoxious prints, etc.  I'm in my 60,s and I would not wear them.  Don't see how they can draw in a younger crowd with what the Q are pushing.  The only way my young daughters and their friends know of Qvc is because I used to watch it more way back when.  They do not purchase from this site.

Honored Contributor

We have no cell service at the house unless you walk up the hill to the pole barn.  Obviously not doing that to shop, so I watch the shows sporadically and order everything on my computer.  I will run out of clothes in about 2050 and I'll be dead by then anyway.  Wasn't Spurt the one that posted quarterly results?  I didn't see her contribution to this thread.