Honored Contributor

No, of course not but they do have to grow their business by attracting new and younger customers.  They can't continue to operate like its 1982.  The customers they want and need are not going to plunk themselves down on the couch and watch a shopping channel for 4 or 5 hours.  I'm over 60 and I have shopper for decades and I don't do that!  They are giving shoppers the opportunity to watch programs and shop in a way that works for us and is portable.  Qvc goes where we go when we have the app.  This is how people shop in 2022.  I do think eventually Qvc tv will die out like video stores, it will be too old fashioned and clunky.  We'll have the app, Facebook, the online store, streaming etc etc etc.  But that is off in the future, it's not going to happen any time soon.  

Honored Contributor

I think we'll all eventually adapt.  Recently DH and I decided to buy a Homedics air purifier.  We needed the large one and I wanted it in white.  I went to QVC but their selection was too limited so I I put what I wanted on-line and the one I wanted came right up.  No sale price but Honey gave me 10% off.and I got free shipping.  Happily I bought it and it'll be shipped today.....  

I no longer just count on QVC for my selection in anything and frankly after buying from QVC for over 30 years, I basically cut the cord years ago.... 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

I can't imagine that website or the tv channel going away, but what do I know!

If it did, oh well.   I don't do apps, so I would just stop buying. It's not like they sell anything that's a 'need'.  It's all 'want' stuff - most of which can be purchased elsewhere anyway and, more often than not, for less.

I can't even imagine one single reason to do things involving finances on my phone.

Respected Contributor

@millieshops I've installed the qvc app and it is horrible!pictures are so slow loading on the page.i got rid of it and have much better luck typing in qvc

Honored Contributor

Apps drain my iPad power....I do not want apps

Honored Contributor

@Luvsmyfam   lol. Some new and different things obviously don't work out as planned.  Still, we can hope QVC figures out how to make their app work because that seems to be where I see many shoppers do their searching.   

But just as I hope retailers continue to attract enough brick and mortar shoppers to stay open, I also hope QVC continues its TV presence.

Esteemed Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

No, of course not but they do have to grow their business by attracting new and younger customers.  They can't continue to operate like its 1982.  The customers they want and need are not going to plunk themselves down on the couch and watch a shopping channel for 4 or 5 hours.  I'm over 60 and I have shopper for decades and I don't do that!  They are giving shoppers the opportunity to watch programs and shop in a way that works for us and is portable.  Qvc goes where we go when we have the app.  This is how people shop in 2022.  I do think eventually Qvc tv will die out like video stores, it will be too old fashioned and clunky.  We'll have the app, Facebook, the online store, streaming etc etc etc.  But that is off in the future, it's not going to happen any time soon.  

I agree @chrystaltree I don't think they will go away, but they have to make changes to become relevant again. If that's possible. I don't see them appealing to a younger demographic. 

I do see the new host inspired fashions showing us one direction they seem to be trying.  If they can succeed with their own label they make more money. I'm not sure that will work long term either. Maybe just using vendors to sell their own products minus a host might be another attempt. 

Sales were down last quarter, so they have to do something to reinvent the wheel.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

@chrystaltree   I'm not one of their younger custromers.  I'm 60, and I agree with every word you said here.  

Valued Contributor

..  (I'm not trying to be controversial, pls,  just to learn - (a SERIOUS QUESTION!!)

For "those in the know," to the rest of us, who want to learn, (me):

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . PLEASE RANK (by purchase METHOD)

LEAST SECURE w/ yr Info  < - - - - - - - - - > MOST SECURE w/ yr Info

Feelings are simply human
How we deal with, ..or express those feelings .. is our choice
. ~ . Please be kind . ~ .

Respected Contributor

I have two daughters, aged 40 and 45. They shop thru apps on their phone for almost everything. They buy their kids clothes online. They work full time, run their children around to sports and things, and just don't have a minute to themselves till evening when they go to their phones and order things to be delivered. They never watch online shopping channels and the only things they have ever bought from qvc are things I have told them about. There is no way they have time to sit and watch presentations on tv.