Respected Contributor
All my online shopping is done on an app. It’s the only way I’ve ever bought anything from QVC.
Esteemed Contributor

The final days of broadcasting are rapidly approaching. 

It's antiquated, passee and no longer makes much business sense.

Honored Contributor

Re: Is QVC saying good-bye?

[ Edited ]

@KaySD 

QVC/HSN (QURATE) has a new CEO, Rawlinson and all this technology stuff is supposed to be his field of expertise....and I think the shift is just another attempt to attract a slightly younger demographic......

Rawlinson's background combines experience both in data and consumer analytics, and in managing a global sales business. Maffei praised Rawlinson as a leader who has "successfully managed ... businesses through evolutionary transitions."   "We operate at the inflection point of accelerated online shopping, wide adoption of video streaming and growing consumer engagement on digital platforms," George said at the time his retirement and the new CEO were announced. 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

I watch the QVC channels, though not as much as I used to.  I am quite certain that I would NEVER watch the streaming channel via the Roku.  That is just too much trouble to get to, lol.  If it is not an easy flip to, then I am not bothering.

Also, I don't know anyone in their 20's or 30's who watches or shops at QVC or HSN.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Valued Contributor

I've not used anything but the app.  I don't think I've ever gone to their actual website.  I d9nt see what the problem is.  The app is very intuitive and easy to use.  

Trusted Contributor

Interesting, @Spurt . And quite the marketing word salad, right? It all leaves me pretty cold. As in, left out in the...

Trusted Contributor

Yep, @Linda0215 , I get it. It's working for you, and that's great. Me, not so much.

Respected Contributor

I do 99% of my QVC browsing and purchases through the app. I will place items I want either in my shopping cart or wishlist via QVC's app, then use Rakuten's app to complete my QVC purchase.

Trusted Contributor

I can remember years ago I would click on a news article to read it and it would be a video and I would be so frustrated it was the same way with websites pushing me to use the app.  I just wanted to read the article and browse the website. Now, I prefer video, and apps all the way. Tiktok has ruined Youtube and most videos for me. I want it now and I want it fast. I don't want to waste 10 minutes with your backstory, hit the subscribe and blah, blah, blah. The apps and video (I can fast forward) provide that for me.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Lots of people are removing cable tv from their lives, therefore streaming is the way to see things.  If the Q wants to keep your interest they will stream.