Contributor

Re: Is QVC really attracting the younger generation?

This is my opinion of course, just based on my experience, but, no, I don't think they will be able to attract younger shoppers.  I worked for a large multi-national coporation on the Finance Team (100+ people on the team), and in my early 50s I was one the oldest people on the team.  (I'm a GenXer, most people tend to forget about us as we are such a small group haha).

Anyway, in my office, it was a running joke about me that I liked, watched and shopped at QVC.  It was considered sort of cute and old-fashioned.  People in the office ould often compliment my clothes or shoes, but then say 'it's from QVC, right?', then walk away chuckling.

Incidentally, I was laid off from that corporation when my job went to India.  I was an exemplary employee, but it's all about the money.  Two people in India doing my former job was cheaper (yes, it took 2 people to replace me).

Again, just my opinion, thank you.

Respected Contributor

No they are not attracting the younger generations. I have a daughter who is Gen. X, another daughter who is a millennial, and a granddaughter who is Gen.Z. The younger generations do not watch TV to purchase clothes, housewares, jewelry or anything else. The millennials do not even have cable TV. They stream what they want to watch.

I have watched QVC since the early 90's. But I do believe that in 5 years it will not be what most of us are familiar with. If it survives it will probably be online only or streaming. You probably will not see hosts. Times change and  home shopping channels are dinosaurs.

Regular Contributor

No the younger generation is not shopping from tv.  My son orders from Amazon and uses prime. Quick delivery.  There are also too many other options online

Contributor

I watched qvc with a friend on Saturday nights in the 90s (pathetic, I know!).  I bought primarily jewelry, most being 14k.  This was SO different from what was available locally.  Now I don't watch, but like to read QTalk and Primetimer forums.  At times, I will see a TSV (refererenced on the forum) that is a good deal and I buy it.  Closed my credit card with them years ago due to errors on their part.  I don't know that the "good old days" can ever be recreated with the Internet in existence!

Contributor

Or perhaps "did" is the appropriate term!  I am in your age demographic as well.

Contributor

Yes, hearing about their families (JT in particular) has got to be tiring.  Primetimer has many posts by those who loathe her, her yammering about her daughters, and her best friend "Court."

Contributor

Sounds like Steve is learning from the Happy Dancer himself!  Those corn kernels sound not-so-delicious 🙄.

Contributor

My mom died when I was 21, before QVC even existed, but I think she would have loved the iterations of the 90s!

Contributor

For those of us 60+, I guess so!  It was a rude awakening to find out that 8 was actually aging🤬🤬🤬!

Contributor

You are a good mom!👏🏻