Honored Contributor

Re: Is QVC really attracting the younger generation?

DD is a millennial. Just yesterday she wore CCB leather joggers out and everyone she was with asked her where she got them. She said QVC. Her friends couldn't believe it.

She orders Barefoot Dreams. Two of her friends ordered after seeing hers. One has ordered a few other items.  

She has black dress pants from Susan Graver. 

She has some black LOGO pieces.

She recently ordered the TSV white crop jeans from Belle.

She has been buying T.Jazelle since Tiffany started making the bracelets, so she has ordered some of the QVC exclusives.

So I guess this is one younger customer. Of course it might have something to do with her mom!  Smiley Wink

She watches mostly on her phone. 

Trusted Contributor

@Shawnie Exactly. That's my point. Opening an account is pretty easy at most online sites. So, I am baffled that although both family and co-workers loved the gifts they received from QVC, they never took the time to go to QVC and open an account. 

They would say how cool a gift was or how delicious the cookies were. They even would tell me I couldn't leave that department because they would miss the Mrs. P's apples. They just never purchased from the Q themselves.

Respected Contributor

I used to watch QVC a lot when Judith Ripka, Linea by Louis Dell Olio, and Barbara Bixby were on regularly. Those vendors were my favorites.  Now I look at the program guide to see if anything interests.  The only vendor I watch regularly  now JAI.  There was a Judith Ripka Show a few weeks ago on a Jewelry Day and Heidi Ripka did the show.  She was great!  Judith Ripka is still my favorite jewelry line.

Frequent Contributor

I am younger than the norm and discovered Q about 10 years ago online looking for a product. The low priced TSV deals hooked me. At that time QVC offered higher quality items at a low price. That is how QVC will bring in buyers. Being another TikTok won't do it especially in this economy.
Honored Contributor

I definitely cannot see younger generations sitting and watching channel tv shopping but do know many who actually go online QVC based on what influencers suggest.  Before the i nternet you had to order when products were presented.  TV shopping is no longer needed with the internet and apps.  Heck, I am 71 and started shopping here back when you had to watch presentations and call to order.  With the internet no need to waste my time watching.  I do channel surf and if I see something I might like, I go online.  The way for QVC to become relevant and more profitable is to have hosts be influencers and ditch the outdated tv presentations.  That may be what they are slowly trying to do!!  The older shoppers like me are not going to be around forever and are dwindling more quickly than some want to admit!!

Trusted Contributor

I'm like many others, started with QVC in the 80's, shopped HSN a bit before that. I used to check the show guide and watch those that were of great interest but now I seldom watch a show unless it is garden, patio or kitchen related. I have seldom bought clothing because I want to touch the fabric and see it in person, I hate returning clothing because of the quality and/or fit. That's too expensive to do regularly.

We are an instant gratification family, I ordered several items last weekend, it took them 2-3 days to ship. I still do not have them, they were special inspirational items for a sick friend. Had I been able to find them with Amazon I would have ordered them there because I needed them quickly. And though I had changed the delivery address in my account they are going to the wrong address. (my husband's office) These are small things in many cases but are the type of thing that are irritating to all of us, but even moreso to the younger folks. Clean up your inhouse customer service Q.
Had an issue with a return to Amazon yesterday, clicked 'call me now' and they did. I cannot return the item but they immediately put thru a credit and said donate the item. These things mean a lot. 

Critter Lover! (especially cats!)
Honored Contributor

I don't know what the future holds for QVC or any of the shopping channels. They are all struggling.  I don't think QVC is going anywhere anytime soon but I do think the 24 hour TV programming will go away.  Honestly, I'm 62 and I've been a customer for over 30 years and I don't watch QVC on TV much.  It's terribly boring and repetitive.  I watch for an hour or so, a few times a week. .But almost everything I own comes from QVC ot HSN

I shop the website.  I'm on it several times a day.  My girls are in their 30s, they don't watch shopping channels on TV.  Time marches on and the shopping channels didn't realize that their core customers were getting old and buying less.  They have a lot of viewers but not enough customers who actually buy stuff.  Younger customers in their 20s through 40s will be impossible to attract.

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

I admit to seeing something that interests me on QVC (although not much these days) and then going to Amazon to buy it.

I do so often and not just with regard to QVC and Amazon is not my only alternative. I look for the best price, including shipping, and a reasonable turn around. QVC has rarely been able to offer any of these. In fact, I just cancelled an order that, after a week, went to 'backorder'. It was explained to me (via chat) that after two to three weeks, if they couldn't resolve the matter, the order would be cancelled and I'd be notified. I decided to save them the trouble. I'll order elsewhere. Meanwhile, the item is still showing as available on their illustrious website. And they wonder why their financials are what they are.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@We rescue cats wrote:

I'm like many others, started with QVC in the 80's, shopped HSN a bit before that. I used to check the show guide and watch those that were of great interest but now I seldom watch a show unless it is garden, patio or kitchen related. I have seldom bought clothing because I want to touch the fabric and see it in person, I hate returning clothing because of the quality and/or fit. That's too expensive to do regularly.

We are an instant gratification family, I ordered several items last weekend, it took them 2-3 days to ship. I still do not have them, they were special inspirational items for a sick friend. Had I been able to find them with Amazon I would have ordered them there because I needed them quickly. And though I had changed the delivery address in my account they are going to the wrong address. (my husband's office) These are small things in many cases but are the type of thing that are irritating to all of us, but even moreso to the younger folks. Clean up your inhouse customer service Q.
Had an issue with a return to Amazon yesterday, clicked 'call me now' and they did. I cannot return the item but they immediately put thru a credit and said donate the item. These things mean a lot. 

You are so right!  And if i ever need to return an Amazon item, i get in my car drive 1/2 mile to Amazon Fresh and return it, no charge, and they then at least now i hear, give you coupons to use in store.  And with Amazon and others i don't have to buy large quantities to get a deal.  

Contributor

Ha! They won't get them if they don't fix their website. Younger people aren't going to put up with this nonsense. Placed an order today and never received a confirmation email. I checked my orders and it doesn't show. I know I placed the order because I received the confirmation screen with the order numbers. Should have copied them because they are nowhere. I contacts CS and they said to check back later. 😡

Spoiler
Spoiler