Esteemed Contributor

Re: Is QVC becoming the new Food/Cooking Network???

And the nut vendors who keep pouring out container after container after container into dishes when there are already dishes overflowing with nuts sitting there on display.

Respected Contributor

You're so right. And I don't watch food/cooking shows.  

Honored Contributor

I have never watched food/cooking shows of any  kind on any station ever.  I find them boring and sometimes even disgusting.  It seems people, especially Americans, are obsessed with food. No wonder we are the most obese nation in the world. 

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

If you dont like it why are you watching and posting?  There are many other channels on your TV.  Yes its your opinion and you certainly are entitiled to it.  Isnt it nice we have a variety and the remote for our TV?

@Imaoldhippie 

download (1).jpg

I don't think people sit there and force themselves to watch something unappealing....they could merely be commenting after checking The Program Guide or flipping through channels.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

SALES, SALES, SALES.

Food on QVC is never shown with that price comparison chart that they do with all other kitchen items.  That’s because food prices here are marked up so much, it is the veritable cash-cow for QVC.  

That HUGE mark-up means they clear an inordinate amount of revenue after expenses from those chicken cutlets, Parmesan meatballs, and seasoned nut mixes.  It’s the food shows that cover some losses QVC has in other categories.  

Honored Contributor

I agree.  Just too many food shows and too much food in the Kitchen shows.  It seems like they used to have more interesting gadgets, etc., in the Kitchen shows.  Now, it's even an iPad.  Lost me as a viewer.  (Not that they care!)

Honored Contributor

It is like Evine with HOURS AND HOURS of Crystal junk or ugly huge watches..... sick of it.

Respected Contributor

@corita wrote:

"... And all shows are selling versions of the same products and brands!!  Overkill, QVC!!!   Maybe the Q3 channel needs to focus solely on Food/Cooking shows!!...."

@corita  That is a great idea!

Esteemed Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

If you dont like it why are you watching and posting?  There are many other channels on your TV.  Yes its your opinion and you certainly are entitiled to it.  Isnt it nice we have a variety and the remote for our TV?

------------------

Of course I change the channel!! Please don't use the worn-out "change the channel" admonishment!! 

And I don't watch...that is the point!!  This is a 'for profit-commerce channel' that relies mainly on TV show presentations to sell their products.   If I don't watch, I don't buy!!  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just cannot watch ITKWD or ITKWM any more....and Rick's Friday evening show with his personality, food and wine is over the top and unwatchable for me.  Many of the Gourmet Food Shows, depending on the hosts, can be intolerable to watch. The only one worth watching is Stacey Stauffers Monday 6pm Q2 Step-by-Step Cooking with Stacey; like her common-sense recipes of which many are healthier, love to see her "apron-of-the week" and generally the way she handles the show which is more laid back and tolerable than her involvement on ITKWD! Unfortunately, I do not like Stacey's strident, gutteral voice which can get loud and overwhelming at times; fortunately, the design of her show usually keeps her voice more tolerable.