Esteemed Contributor

Re: Is Lisa Robertson the biggest show host in electronic retail history?

I've watched HSN for a long time and Colleen has clearly risen to the status of station Diva. Maybe not in the same way or style as Lisa, but she exudes Divadom. They linked her up with Suzanne Somers almost exclusively and she has her own line of clothing and jewelry boxes. I don't think any other HSN host received that treatment.

Occasional Contributor

On 12/12/2014 namealreadytaken said:
On 12/12/2014 shwarma said: Colleen Lopez. She is a class act, appears to have a beautiful family and has an unlimited ability when describing jewelry.

and that's about all, nice family who lives large and luxuriously and she knows how to describe jewelry. She cannot hold a candle to Lisa's elegance, knowledge ,charm and beauty.

Although I'm reading this late-I totally agree with you. Lisa made watching QVC fun. I personally have not been watching as much since she left, so there must've been something about her that people loved to see.

Colleen Lopez seemed phoney to me-like the "relationship" she had with Suzanne Somers. She always said they were "girlfriends", but now she never talks about her since HSN dumped her. She would laugh & show tears with all the "stars" presenting their goods, yet when an HSN host died-Colleen went right over it quickly. No tears.

Lisa was the best at what she did, & yes life goes on & there are more important things..but she was a good diversion when you needed it!

Frequent Contributor

I don't see why she would be when she spent 99.9% of the time looking at herself in the monitor instead at the products she was selling.

Honored Contributor

yes
~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

She wasn't looking at herself. She was making sure the product was placed properly for the camera and lit correctly to show it off.

Honored Contributor

On 12/29/2014 Johnnyeager said:

She wasn't looking at herself. She was making sure the product was placed properly for the camera and lit correctly to show it off.

Hmm. Wonder why some of the other hosts didn't coach her, since they never seemed to have to do that.

Valued Contributor

I suggest we built a robot or better yet clone most people favorite Colleen Lopez and Lisa Robertson and whoever comes in 3rd. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}Can you imagine? People would skip meals to see the next hot thing. No thanks. I will go to Barnes and Noble and buy a book,and take a walk in the park and look at reruns of Bugs Bunny and Daffy duck on TV.{#emotions_dlg.laugh} Happy New Year{#emotions_dlg.tt1}

Honored Contributor

I have no idea if Lisa is the biggest show host in electronic retail history, but can honestly say that after a few weeks of her being MIA and knowing she's not coming back, I'm increasingly seeing a huge change in the landscape of QVC and it is SO not for the better... The product mix is dismal, the programming is awful and now there is also one very big void in the entertaining host contingent... and they have absolutely no way of filling it. I wasn't watching much QVC before her departure, I'm watching even less now and don't see that changing. Certainly, there's nothing at all compelling about the programming they have to offer. Absolutely nothing.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

It's the same to me.

Honored Contributor

I'm watching more of PMS now that they seem to be switching it up with hosts. Wish it would stay that way!