Super Contributor

Re: Is Lisa Robertson the biggest show host in electronic retail history?

Electronic retailing? Huh? Its a TV shopping channel.

Honored Contributor

Colleen's been around longer........and has a huge following

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

On 12/14/2014 Tinkrbl44 said:
On 12/12/2014 MurphsMom said:

I do not view Lisa as a great sales person. I think the secret to her high sales volume is attributable more to her looks. Viewers see her wearing certain clothes or using certain beauty products and buy the products with the hope of looking as good as Lisa does. I think she will get a reality check when she leaves the Q - she is not as talented as she thinks is....

Are you basing this on facts ..... or just your opinion? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

You've obviously never been in sales ......... Lisa was definitely a very effective sales person ...... unless you've seen Lisa's sales figures, you're only speculating. It takes more than looks to sell product.

As for talented ..... just "how talented" do you think Lisa thinks she is? {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Lisa is talented in many ways. As for speculating we all do it at some time or another. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Who knows what Lisa's sales figures were and IF I knew would I tell you? Of course not.{#emotions_dlg.sneaky}

This forum is fun not fact.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Respected Contributor

On 12/14/2014 3star said: OP are you really JasoninBoston, president of Lisa's fan club?
I actuAlly miss JasoninBoston....we had some posting headbutts,but always ended up "forum-cordial". I always looked forward to reading JiB's comments (what an ardent, unwavering fan) even when I totally disagreed with almost everything..LOL. That's part of the beauty of a forum.
Trusted Contributor

OMG did u see former HSN host Chris Scanlon has a new line on Shophq called Luv it. Does it ring a bell with the end of Gili? This is sick how many people watch and copy LR. They all want to be her. I remember when she coined the phrase love love love and all the sudden all these other hosts ripping it off. Again everyone wants to the be the queen diva.
Super Contributor

Let's put that down in the famous phrase book, "love, love love" lol.
Respected Contributor

Yes! Lisa probably is the most successful host in QVC history. I am sure Rick Domier, Jill Bauer, David Venable and Mary Beth Rowe are not far behind.

Trusted Contributor

On 12/14/2014 Desertdi said:

Colleen's been around longer........and has a huge following

Colleen is not even close by Facebook standards. Lisa's QVC FB page had over 250,000 followers, Colleen only about 64,000. Lisa now has a personal FB page and already has over 81,000 followers. In the world of social media, Lisa is clearly the favorite among fans.

I'm done with P.C. Just say what you mean and mean what you say. It's easier.
Regular Contributor

On 12/13/2014 Lila4now said:

Outside of QVC, people say Lisa who? Shopping channel salespeople are just that, merely salespeople. If you think they're more, try getting out more.

Amen

Regular Contributor

On 12/12/2014 Johnnyeager said:

Lisa was what the company needed at the time: they groomed a personality and programming around her. Good for her and very profitable for them. For those thinking seasoned hosts will now get an opportunity, I think you will be very disappointed. There is a spot for Pat and Jane and Jayne and Carolyn and MaryBeth, but it is not Lisa's vacated post. This is business and I am certain there is a host of a different demo targeted for those timeslots. It's TV and its retail, and that combo demands something different. (And it sure is not Linda Dano).

amen