Esteemed Contributor

Re: Is Lisa Robertson the biggest show host in electronic retail history?

{#emotions_dlg.w00t} These cable TV hosts are glorified retail sales people .. That is the way I see it. Most people I know have never heard of Lisa Robinson or QVC. No disrespect to QVC or there hosts but, it is what it is. I wish her well.. but, I do not follow her.

Esteemed Contributor

On 12/30/2014 ValuSkr said:
On 12/30/2014 taja123 said:

I notice the different hosts doing PMS are just exuberant and happy. They seem to just love doing the show!

I know what you mean. It was sacred ground when LR was around. Now that she's gone, the kids are making the most of it.

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}They all seem more relaxed..good for them!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Esteemed Contributor

On 12/20/2014 moonchilde said:
On 12/17/2014 ritasNo1Fan said: Of course L.R. is the top of the heap. None of the others come close including obnoxious, phony Lopez from HSN. Q should have bent over backwards to keep her.

Some of what you have said about Colleen Lopez is exactly how I feel about Lisa. Beauty (natural and not so natural) and class are in the eye of the beholder and are individual preferences. I can watch Colleen all day; Lisa maybe half an hour max.

I adore Colleen..there's no comparison, imo. She's married, has a family and a darling DIL..she's not self absorbed like I found Lisa to be. Jmo~ I doubt her world revolves around HSN~

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Regular Contributor

On 12/29/2014 sweetness47 said:

I don't see why she would be when she spent 99.9% of the time looking at herself in the monitor instead at the products she was selling.

I'm laughing so hard at this comment....it is so true! I wish her well, but I am so glad that she is gone. Perhaps Courtney will follow Lisa in whatever she does.

Esteemed Contributor

I expect Ron Popiel has sold a lot more than Lisa, with a lot more money going into own his pocket too through his company Ronco.

He has had many, many successful products and wares hawked on TV and in print over decades, like the veg-o-matic, chop-o-matic, the electric food dehydrator, his chef knives, the pocket fisherman, the showtime rotissiere (set it and forget it!), the spray on hair thickener, etc.

He pioneered the infomercial format which is the inspiration for shopping channels like QVC.

Honored Contributor

She is only known on QVC. Pretty small market.

Regular Contributor

I think the same discussion was held when Kathy Levine left...who was many times the host that Lisa was....

Honored Contributor

I do miss Lisa and find I'm watching less ..... but the upside is that I'm spending a lot less, so that's a big plus! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Esteemed Contributor

No one is indispensable... and after all maybe after more then 20 years she wanted to do something different.

Contributor

On 12/12/2014 JONNYSBRO said: Of course they are scared they are counter programming as this probably will be the highest rated episode qvc history. If Lisa called HSN tomorrow they would sign her in 2 seconds flat to be a vendor. The other networks will be happy after tonight as QVC lost their biggest sales cash cow.

LOL, HSN & QVC are owned by the same company. So, why the need to be scared...