Honored Contributor

Re: Is Lisa Robertson the biggest show host in electronic retail history?

On 12/29/2014 Johnnyeager said:

She wasn't looking at herself. She was making sure the product was placed properly for the camera and lit correctly to show it off.

Esteemed Contributor

I notice the different hosts doing PMS are just exuberant and happy. They seem to just love doing the show!

Honored Contributor

On 12/30/2014 taja123 said:

I notice the different hosts doing PMS are just exuberant and happy. They seem to just love doing the show!

I know what you mean. It was sacred ground when LR was around. Now that she's gone, the kids are making the most of it.

Esteemed Contributor

On 12/30/2014 ValuSkr said:
On 12/30/2014 taja123 said:

I know what you mean. It was sacred ground when LR was around. Now that she's gone, the kids are making the most of it.

Interesting observations! They may have all breathed a collective sigh of relief and can now take the opportunity to shine (or not, as the case may be). Personally, I like Sharon but I don't know if they'd give her the timeslot.

Respected Contributor

On 12/29/2014 Johnnyeager said:

She wasn't looking at herself. She was making sure the product was placed properly for the camera and lit correctly to show it off.

Perhaps, but she was always adjusting herself while looking in the monitor, so that may be why everyone got that impression - multi tasking most likely. I never really paid attention to it since the hosts have to be aware of a lot of stuff that we don't see.

I hope whatever she does that she is happy. I miss her, because she was my favorite host, but I would rather she go off and do something else than end up totally burned out and miserable. I don't get the impression that any of the hosts really love the job and they always seem to be under a lot of pressure to sell, sell, sell. What does it matter if you are the best, if your health suffers? It's not worth it. At least she went out on her terms, not someone else's (I am assuming).

Respected Contributor

It's possible Lisa R has appeared on more hours of TV than any other program host. At 4 shifts a week of 3 hours each 50 times a year she would have 600 hours a year. Supposing 600 hours a year for 20 years she would have had 12,000 hours so far in her career. Another 8 years hosting 600 hours a year would have brought her total to 16,800 hours, beating Regis Philbin's record of 16,300. Mary Beth and Jane are part time and Pat's spent years doing 2 hour Morning Show shifts so I truly think Lisa is "the biggest show host in electronic retailing" in terms of number of hours on air, and could hold that record for some time.

Honored Contributor

On 12/30/2014 stevieb said:

I have no idea if Lisa is the biggest show host in electronic retail history, but can honestly say that after a few weeks of her being MIA and knowing she's not coming back, I'm increasingly seeing a huge change in the landscape of QVC and it is SO not for the better... The product mix is dismal, the programming is awful and now there is also one very big void in the entertaining host contingent... and they have absolutely no way of filling it. I wasn't watching much QVC before her departure, I'm watching even less now and don't see that changing. Certainly, there's nothing at all compelling about the programming they have to offer. Absolutely nothing.

VERY well stated ..... and I totally agree ! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Frequent Contributor

I have insomnia and read the boards when I can't sleep. I rarely comment unless it's about products in a show--my favorite -Michael Dawkins-who is not on near enough. Anyway, I find this banter about LR so interesting. I personally have never bought anything based on who is selling it or hosting a particular show. I do like LR, as many do, and while I might tune in to another network if she went to one just to see how she is doing--doubt I'd buy from them just because LR was selling something. I see all of the hosts as salespeople, no different than walking into a store. I sure hope QVC's customers are intelligent enough to buy based on a products merits rather than who is saying " we need this to be cool and hip".

Esteemed Contributor

On 12/31/2014 lynettey said:

I have insomnia and read the boards when I can't sleep. I rarely comment unless it's about products in a show--my favorite -Michael Dawkins-who is not on near enough. Anyway, I find this banter about LR so interesting. I personally have never bought anything based on who is selling it or hosting a particular show. I do like LR, as many do, and while I might tune in to another network if she went to one just to see how she is doing--doubt I'd buy from them just because LR was selling something. I see all of the hosts as salespeople, no different than walking into a store. I sure hope QVC's customers are intelligent enough to buy based on a products merits rather than who is saying " we need this to be cool and hip".

Well said, lyn. Or you will look so much more monied if you buy this.

Respected Contributor

I miss Lisa R. I always watched her glamour shows. I bet they do not go to the Oscars this year. I wish her well though. She hosted on her Facebook page a Golden Globe Red Carpet chat. She had 5,000+ participants. I guess other people like and miss her also.