Regular Contributor

Re: Is Lisa Robertson the biggest show host in electronic retail history?

On 12/16/2014 culebra said:

Yes! Lisa probably is the most successful host in QVC history. I am sure Rick Domier, Jill Bauer, David Venable and Mary Beth Rowe are not far behind.

{#emotions_dlg.confused1} weird!!

Trusted Contributor

On 12/16/2014 msnicky said:
On 12/13/2014 Lila4now said:

Outside of QVC, people say Lisa who? Shopping channel salespeople are just that, merely salespeople. If you think they're more, try getting out more.

Amen

Exactly.

Regular Contributor

Lisa is not something special. She is just a salesperson. She cannot make water out of wine nor can she part the waters. She is human and will find something else to do. I am so glad that she is off the air, but wish her well.

New Contributor

I had not heard that Lisa Robertson was leaving QVC. I have enjoyed Lisa since the first day she started on QVC. She as a classy woman who knows fashion. If she is leaving I wish her well in any path that she chooses for her future. Thank you Lisa

Regular Contributor

Everyone said similar things when Kathy Levine left as well and QVC has grown and prospered after Kathy left and it will grow and propose post-Lisa. She was funny and entertaining, but in the end selling product is the point of the show.

Regular Contributor

On 12/14/2014 janettwokay said:
On 12/13/2014 Mindy D said: HSN AND QVC ARE BOTH OWNED BY LIBERTY MEDIA. THEY ARE PART OF THE SAME COMPANY. RATINGS TO A SHOPPING CHANNEL ARE LESS IMPORTANT THAN SALES.

You are incorrect. They are not owned by the same parent corporation.

From HSNi.com: "In August 2008, HSNi was spun-off from its former parent company IAC/InterActiveCorp, and became a separately traded public company." Also, "HSNi common stock is traded on the NASDAQ Global Select Market under the symbol HSNI."

From QVC.com: "QVC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Liberty Interactive Corporation (NASDAQ: LINTA) (formerly known as Liberty Media Corporation) and represents the majority of revenue for Liberty Interactive Corporation. Liberty Interactive Corporation took full ownership of QVC in 2003 when it bought the portion of the company that had been owned by Comcast."

And they are also incorrect on ratings being more important then sales. How they measure their success is by sales... which is their number one goal.

Frequent Contributor

Electronic retail history? Whaaat??? It's a TV home shopping channel! Salespeople are in stores and on TV. People come and go at all workplaces. Remember, no one is indispensable. I'm sure the Q will survive, contrary to what some say (loosing millions?!?...what?). Lisa has left the building....so please, let her go in peace; it's time to move on already.

Trusted Contributor

Of course L.R. is the top of the heap. None of the others come close including obnoxious, phony Lopez from HSN. Q should have bent over backwards to keep her.
Trusted Contributor

No host (including Lisa) has ever convinced me to purchase something I had not intended on purchasing in the first place. To most people, I don't think it matters who the host is, you buy or don't buy because of the product, NOT the host.

Respected Contributor

Getting very boring

Don't worry, be Happy!