Super Contributor

Re: Is Lisa Robertson the biggest show host in electronic retail history?

I read that Kathy Levine sold $150 million a year while she was a show host for QVC...and that was 20 years ago. Lisa probably sold at least that or more (with inflation) in a year.

Some people do drugs. I do shoes....Celine Dion
Super Contributor

On 12/12/2014 Johnnyeager said:

HSN has Bobbi Rae and Amy hosting 3 hours of having a party, drinking champagne and selling lots of stuff. It's in the printed programming guide, but did they counter-program Lisa's departure deliberately with this? Lisa did give lots of advance notice!

Of course it was deliberate not to mention hsn has tried to turn Amy into a Lisa type role at that network with their beauty shows etc and their Holiday Party last nite proved that. HSN does have a more relaxed fun vibe going on to where QVC plays it to safe and it is a snooze fest. Lisa brought some fun to the network
Super Contributor

On 12/13/2014 ShopperAZ said:
On 12/12/2014 beckyb1012 said:

Let's just wave goodbye wish her luck and move on with our own very important lives that have meaning. I like Lisa fine but she is not the end all be all. Just a woman who knows how to sale.

Very well said beckyb1012. I saw her show maybe 2 times and she had long pants on and the pants legs were so long you could not see her feet. I found that not in good style and turned her off. I did watch the last hour of her show last night. Wonder how many viewers bought the watch?

Ok so you two feel she's just another show host and time to move on but yet your on a thread about Lisa?! Ok whatever!
Super Contributor

On 12/12/2014 Chrystaltree said:

I do think Lisa Robertson is in a class by herself when it comes to being a shopping channel host. I do think she's the post watched and the most popular show host ever; but, more importantly she brings in more money and makes more sales than any show hosts ever has. I've watched her since day one, actually I watched her years and years ago when she worked for another shopping channel. She's fun to watch, she's entertaining, she's knowledgeable and I'll miss her. I look foward to seeing what her next move will be. She's such an integral part of QVC that it will be interesting to see how QVC works without her. One thing is for certain, there is no show host waiting in the wings to take her place. For years now, it's been Lisa Robertson and...........everyone else.

Exactly I totally agree. I know many people go on and on about Kathy Levine but I don't think Kathy compares to Lisa or any host for that fact. The closet anyone comes to Lisa would be Amy Morrison from HSN but even she doesn't have what lisa has.
Contributor

I guess I understand the psychology of someone selling an item. But I usually buy a product I think I might like to try, regardless of the program host.

Contributor

On 12/12/2014 MurphsMom said:

I do not view Lisa as a great sales person. I think the secret to her high sales volume is attributable more to her looks. Viewers see her wearing certain clothes or using certain beauty products and buy the products with the hope of looking as good as Lisa does. I think she will get a reality check when she leaves the Q - she is not as talented as she thinks is....

Well, whatever the reason, she I think had top sales, so to me that makes her a great sales person?

Trusted Contributor

Outside of QVC, people say Lisa who? Shopping channel salespeople are just that, merely salespeople. If you think they're more, try getting out more.

Respected Contributor

Lisa who?

Don't worry, be Happy!
Super Contributor

Just 5 min. ago, I heard a gal on JTV state she graduated from HS at 17 and IMMEDIATELY began selling on-air jewelry, and kept repeating without a doubt, she said, she had sold more jewelry on-air than anyone else on EARTH.

Can't imagine any of those JTV sales gals being a diva, tho.....just plain, ol' country girls.

Honored Contributor

HSN AND QVC ARE BOTH OWNED BY LIBERTY MEDIA. THEY ARE PART OF THE SAME COMPANY. RATINGS TO A SHOPPING CHANNEL ARE LESS IMPORTANT THAN SALES.