Super Contributor

Re: Is Lisa Robertson the biggest show host in electronic retail history?

On 12/12/2014 12andcounting said:
On 12/12/2014 brii said:

I doubt the other networks are scared. LOL

They're probably like a lot of us -- tired of hearing about it. They are probably doing the happy dance that it's almost over.

I'm not one of the people who thinks that QVC is going to fall apart after her departure. I'll just be happy not to hear about it anymore.

ITA
Honored Contributor

On 12/12/2014 beautymogul said:

I wish her luck but please, cant we just move along? All of this building up to tonight, I am just getting a little sick of the whole thing. I hope she announces soon what she will be doing next so we can move on. The Q will be fine. I never bought anything from her, because of her or watched a certain show because of her or any host. I am just interested in the price and the product, nice concept

Amen! I'm tired of hearing about Lisa's departure and all the speculation. I was tired of hearing about Kathy Levine more than a decade ago too. They have lives to live and I wish them well but they are salespeople, not my friends, not my best buds.

Honored Contributor

I doubt it.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Frequent Contributor

Q will be just fine minus Lisa; so will all of you. Actually I'd laugh my butt off if she shows up on HSN.
Trusted Contributor

It got to be too much. The reaction of these "mourner's" has been too much as well. The woman simply changed jobs. I'm sure we will all be seeing her shortly or she would have said to the contrary.

There is so much more important going on in life than her departure. Don't understand all of this behavior. Not a single person posting this stuff can call her their best friend, family, neighbor, they haven't even met her or hung out with her yet they act as if they have lost a family member. She was a TV host is all. Maybe an enjoyable one, but that's all. Do they moan when a TV personality quits a show or anything ?

It's kind of pathetic that they put so much time and interest in any one person who is just in their TV screen. The important people in your life should be the ones you have around you, and yet so many ignore them, or treat them badly.

Frequent Contributor

On 12/13/2014 Mrs Grace said:

It got to be too much. The reaction of these "mourner's" has been too much as well. The woman simply changed jobs. I'm sure we will all be seeing her shortly or she would have said to the contrary.

There is so much more important going on in life than her departure. Don't understand all of this behavior. Not a single person posting this stuff can call her their best friend, family, neighbor, they haven't even met her or hung out with her yet they act as if they have lost a family member. She was a TV host is all. Maybe an enjoyable one, but that's all. Do they moan when a TV personality quits a show or anything ?

It's kind of pathetic that they put so much time and interest in any one person who is just in their TV screen. The important people in your life should be the ones you have around you, and yet so many ignore them, or treat them badly.

A quick look at your posting history indicates you've posted about Lisa's departure approximately 15 times in 2 days. Personally, I find THAT pathetic. I find the reaction of the "haters" just as ridicilous as you find the reaction of the "mourners".
~~Dream more, learn more, care more and be more-Dolly Parton~~
Super Contributor

Lisa was one of a kind and she had a certain something that most home shopping hosts don't have. She helped glamorize home shopping and I see that HSN has been trying to do what Lisa and QVC have been doing but none of them can compare to Lisa and how she hosted. I believe Lisa can now take a break enjoy life and when she's ready to work again she will have countless opprutunities, her charisma went beyond just another show host and it will take her to bigger and better things.
Honored Contributor

On 12/13/2014 ChillyTulip said:

12:01am and she was gone from the host page.

I think all of QVC was doing the ""happy dance"" as she exited the building for the last time.

Do you really think she wasn't well-liked by Q staff? Many hosts gave recorded tributes during her finale last night. But I didn't see one from David V. or either Dan.

Regular Contributor

On 12/12/2014 beckyb1012 said:

Let's just wave goodbye wish her luck and move on with our own very important lives that have meaning. I like Lisa fine but she is not the end all be all. Just a woman who knows how to sale.

Very well said beckyb1012. I saw her show maybe 2 times and she had long pants on and the pants legs were so long you could not see her feet. I found that not in good style and turned her off. I did watch the last hour of her show last night. Wonder how many viewers bought the watch?

Super Contributor

On 12/12/2014 Q4U said:

You know, everyone thought the same of Kathy Levine, and Judy Crowell and Jeff Whatshisname, Steve Bryant and I can't think of anyone else. But especially Kathy, she was huge electronic retail. Unfortunately, nothing really worked out for any of them after they left. Don't get me wrong, I think Lisa will do well with whatever she decides to do but based on past history with other very successful show hosts.... well, you know.

No, I don't believe she's the most successful in the history of electronic retail, and I really don't think network rivals are scared. I wish her well (I wish all of them well)....

...... {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Sorry but Kathy and Judy can't compare to Lisa. Lisa outshined them all and I'm not saying that in any disrespect to the others but let's face it Lisa is strikingly gorgeous and her personality makes her even more gorgeous. She also brought some life to QVC which for a while was so dull and way to conservative and Lisa kinda gave some vitality to the network atleast as much as QVC would allow. So I think any comparisons is a joke. What 30 yr old would really choose to watch Kathy Levine or Judy?! Lisa had an ageless appeal that reached all age demographics and QVC will feel her loss as time goes on.