Honored Contributor

Re: Is Lisa Robertson the biggest show host in electronic retail history?

Yes, I will check in on the show tonight, but I won't watch it all, there is better programming on the other shopping channels. Good luck and good bye finally, LR.

Trusted Contributor

I'm pretty sure that QVC will survive without Lisa.

Trusted Contributor

Iconic? I don't think that means what the OP thinks it means.

Esteemed Contributor

I will be watching tonight, but as usual I won't be spending any money.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Disagree with all of it lol. Honestly, I'll be glad when tomorrow is here and this nonsense is over. All this hoopla, like it's Oscar night or something with A List celebrities instead of some salesperson leaving their job. Lol, I'll be sure to wear my sequined frock, get tarted up and raise a glass to Lisa and have a few hankies to wipe the tears away.

Honored Contributor

On 12/12/2014 JONNYSBRO said: I will say I am going to be so sad with it being Lisa R last day at QVC. I have seen many hosts on QVC and HSN and other channels. Lisa on top of being gorgeous was a major huge cash cow. She sold so much product and the gili line a huge success. The network rivals are so scared of lisa final ratings hsn has a bobbi and Amy doing a big gift show and shophq is bringing Pamela mccoy. The ratings will be huge tonight. Lisa Robertson is like the Susan Lucci of hosts and a major tv icon. She's iconic and I would say the biggest most popular name history in electronic retailing. Anyone agree? I wonder how Lisa has sold for qvc over 20 years it must be billions. I wish her well what a loss for qvc.

You just joined today to post a rather preposterous post ....... the "network rivals are so scared" ..... sorry, but that's hysterically funny ...... {#emotions_dlg.lol} {#emotions_dlg.lol} {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Honored Contributor

Suppose, at the end of the evening, Lisa announces that she has made up her mind, and it is not to leave QVC, but to serve as their VP of marketing.......... would that frost the other shopping channels or just make them burn that they did not think to offer Lisa that job years ago?

Regular Contributor

photo imagejpg1-9.jpg The other networks are not worried in the least. Lisa does not hold a candle, nor is she or ever will be in the same league as Susan Lucci! I met Susan back in 1984 and have a personal picture with her. She is not self centered or into yourself. Susan does not brag or flaunt her money. All the LR people would like to believe such. I agree with so many, tomorrow cannot come soon enough. Tonight is going to be ridiculous & like a circus. Really, a gown for a farewell show? A suit for Alberti?This is not the oscars, its not the Royal couple , its just a TV sales person.  photo imagejpg1-16.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

On 12/12/2014 brii said:
On 12/12/2014 millieshops said:
On 12/12/2014 brii said:

I don't think vendors make as much as she was pulling in from QVC.

Whatever she is doing has to be just as lucrative or more so.

If the vendors own their own companies a la Ripka and Basso and Geller, I think they make far more than Lisa. I think those who are vendor reps don't make her sslary.

Remember that Hollywood House Bruce is trying to sell? Even were it at a sensible price for what it is, that's not in Lisa's realm. Or at least that's what I think.

Bruce owned his own company. He sold it for millions and millions. Leslie did the same thing. Ripka did too. But they owned their companies first.

I never understood why Lisa came out with GILI and didn't own it. I think that's the reason she's leaving.

Like everyone else, I am only making assumptions based on no facts! LOL! Personally, I think Lisa probably wanted to leave a few years ago and QVC gave her the LRS and GILI line as an incentive to stay. But, now, Lisa's name was attached to a sometimes pretty shoddy line and bearing the brunt of all the complaints AND working twice as much. Can certainly understand her desire for change.
Valued Contributor

Well why don't we put in the conspiracy idea, while we're at it ! I will check in on the show but like Marthastewardess said above, I also will get tarted up and fill a glass more than once!