Regular Contributor

Re: Is Joy Mangano overexposed?

I don't believe I've ever watched her presentations, nor bought any of her products. I'm not in the target demographic for 500 hangers or "special" mops. I'll go watch her movie if there are zombies, explosions, and shirtless hot guys in it.
Frequent Contributor

KY Toby: Why are your responses always so condescending and supercilious?

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@nana59 wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

I believe I've heard that she either is currently or has been on their board of directors so she's an HSN rock star.   She's a highly successful,  if obnoxious,  purveyor of junk. 

Sorry-but I don't think her hangers are junk.....

I agree,  hangers are great but everything else I've gotten or heard about has been junk.   The worst was her luggage which was an expensive disaster. 

I bought her luggage, too.  I used it once and came home and threw it away.  

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

If there's one thing that HSN does well, it's movie tie-in merchandising. HSN is brilliant to plug the "Joy" movie even though the movie isn't about HSN, the HSN customers would all know that's who the movie is about -- Joy Mangano.

It's my impression from the movie trailer that the Bradley Cooper character is an obnoxious QVC employee. Does the movie explain why Joy moved from one network to another? Maybe there's bad blood between QVC and the real Joy Mangano.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@nana59 wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

I believe I've heard that she either is currently or has been on their board of directors so she's an HSN rock star.   She's a highly successful,  if obnoxious,  purveyor of junk. 

Sorry-but I don't think her hangers are junk.....

I agree,  hangers are great but everything else I've gotten or heard about has been junk.   The worst was her luggage which was an expensive disaster. 

@Kachina624  I like her hangers too. Just bought some more recently. Il never get enough hangers to redo all my closets I guess, lol. 

Kachina, you know how many things I've tried lately against my better judgement (and a warning from you) that were duds. It seems like the quality is really going downhill. I kept one set of luggage because it was cute and very reasonable, but it's only for car travel. It'd never survive flying. The tart burners were OK for the TS price. I also like the roll up cases she sells. 

I doubt I'll try anything else. Lots of her newer things I returned. 

Honored Contributor

@Reba055   Reba,  quit while you're ahead and don't buy anything else. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

The only things I have found acceptable from Joy's line is the hangers and the little steamer.  I bought several of the scent sets to give as gifts; no body thought they did the job they claimed, was a little embarrassed.  Not so sure she is really the original creator of the mop but she may have created another version.  I plan to check out this claim more thoroughly.

As for her presentations, she speaks fast, loud and is so emotional it is hard to concentrate on what she actually says.  Suppose it's past time to mute.

Respected Contributor

not quite as much as your number one host, but they are pushing her pretty hard. I hope its not over the edge like the other.

Honored Contributor

I watch HSN and they are not pushing Joy, She is on a few times a year like everyone else.  She has TSV like anyone else.  This time it's her mop which I think a lot of people are interested in due to the movie.  Yes she can be hyper and excited but she is still watchable.  Her items like everyone elses some are hits and some are misses.  I love her pillows and especially her sheets.  Her readers are the best.  Just my opinion. 

Honored Contributor

TY1 I totally agree about HSN and movie tie ins.  Remember Cinderella, their sets were ansolutely beautiful and they picked several designers to interpret jewelry pieces and I believe some clothing as well.  I remember Heidi Daus had some lovely whimsical pieces, but they were a little pricey but pretty just the same.  Many of the Cinderella items from all the picked designers sold well.