Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Is David scared of Halloween?

I think he's targeting his audience:  Grandparents buying decorations to amuse their grandchildren don't want scary decorations, and contrary to what anyone says, I am of the opinion that David's audience is mostly made up of older women.  Do I have proof? Absolutely not.  

Super Contributor

Years ago when they did Halloween shows some of the items was  scary and people complain about some of the items. They would do shows in full costumes and some of the items was a bit much because they stop doing the shows.

Honored Contributor

Perhaps David's comments were made in light of the sensory issues with autistic children.  I have noticed this being addressed with local summer activities; 2 carnivals, 2 street fairs, and a special swim night were arranged for these children and their families.   

Respected Contributor

I would love to see how David celebrates Halloween in real life. Got a feeling he and his friends really have a fun time.

Respected Contributor

@chessylady    I'll bet the children that trick or treat at his door are very happy they stopped by. 

I think his personality suggests a warmth from having kept some of that childhood awe that comes through when he presents nostalgic items.

aroc3435

Washington, DC 

Respected Contributor

I can't believe anyone would ask this question.  It just seems like a stupid question to me.  And the poster is looking for speculation. 

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

He does t want customers to hesitate buying something because it might scare children.  I never saw a happy Dracula though.

4461B019-1A07-4B74-975C-758EBB9817D6.jpeg

“The fear of becoming old is born of the recognition that one is not living now the life that one wishes. It is equivalent to a sense of abusing the present.” Susan Sontag