Frequent Contributor

Is David scared of Halloween?

Was watching David dressed up as Dracula and he kept saying how the decorations were happy and not scary and he kept repeating that theme.  He did the same thing last year, constantly talking about items not being frightening, lol.

Wonder if the guy saw a ghost when he was little or something.

Honored Contributor

Re: Is David scared of Halloween?

He does t want customers to hesitate buying something because it might scare children.  I never saw a happy Dracula though.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624  

General Mills Count Chocula Vac-tastic Plastic Mask - Regal Robot

@FishandSnail  I can remember David explaining that many people with young children don't want anything too scary. Looking back, I made sure that my Halloween decorations were just pumpkins, flowers and candles so my kids wouldn't have bad dreams. I guess some kids can take scary better than others.

Honored Contributor

@PA Mom-mom   When my son was about 3, a neighborhood kid came trick or treating in a realistic gorilla costume and scared him to death.  He refused to go to bed at night and screamed for hours.  Finally, at Christmas when I didn't have to get up for work, one night I just let him scream.  He eventually fell asleep and was fine after that night.

It was very traumatizing for the whole family.  We lost a lot of sleep.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@FishandSnail wrote:

Was watching David dressed up as Dracula and he kept saying how the decorations were happy and not scary and he kept repeating that theme.  He did the same thing last year, constantly talking about items not being frightening, lol.

Wonder if the guy saw a ghost when he was little or something.

Don't get why you would come up with that conclusion.  He said they were NOT.  

Trusted Contributor

QVC sells an image of good, wholesome family fun to their older, mostly female demographic.

You won't see them bringing out the Michael Myers, Freddy Krueger, bloody gruesome stuff, etc. 

Scary, gory, creepy stuff wouldn't sell.  They play it nicey nice. 

David also likes to point out that the Nutcrackers at Christmas that QVC sells aren't scary looking.  He makes that point every year.

Trusted Contributor

I don't think David is afraid of scary halloween and I think that was a ridiculous statement in my opinion.  I do know from what he says year after year after year, he prefers the fun, happier, less scary part of halloween.  If I were into halloween which I am NOT I too would prefer the less scary part.

There are enough horror and blood and guts kinds of things (including the nightly news) for people.  I for one am glad QVC is not engaging in it.  

Super Contributor

Reminds me of years ago, on the late bus going back into the Disney Park for Halloween with my college age daughter.  I have the original Disney Cruella costume, worn many times.  101 Dalmatians is one of my favorite movies.  My daughter told me not to wear the costume, I would scare the kids.  She was right, a little girl looked up at me and said to her Mother, "Mommy, there is that mean lady."

Esteemed Contributor

I believe he's just a kind soul and doesn't want anyone to be frightened.   

I for one, do not care for Halloween, never did.  I did my duty when the kids were young with costumes and trick or treating but I never liked it nor do I like ANY scary movies......

When my kids were older, we moved out in the woods and for many years we never had one trick or treater!  Was fine with me.  Even now we live in a townhouse but it's still quiet on Halloween as there are not many kids here.  Still keep the outside light off though just in case, LOL!

Honored Contributor

I'm not a fan of the scary side of Haloween these days either.  Guess I'm just more of a kid at heart.  The gory costumes sre just not my idea of what Halloween is (or used to be) about.  At least not in my days,