Respected Contributor

I hope David's Mom is Ok, doesn't she live near where the storm is hitting?

Trusted Contributor

@chessylady He said on Wednesday night she was not in harms way at that time but also his brother lived really close and would get her if necessary.

Respected Contributor

Re: Is David's Mom OK?

[ Edited ]

@chessylady

On his FB page, David said his mom is staying with his brother. She's fine.

https://m.facebook.com/DavidVenableQVC/

His FB page is public. You can read it even if you are not a member of FB.

Honored Contributor

Re: Is David's Mom OK?

[ Edited ]

This is what he posted on FB page early afternoon for those who don't do FB:

Hey Foodies. Quick update on my family in NC. My brother picked up my Mom yesterday and they are now tucked away safely at his home out of the direct storm zone. They are expecting some wind and rain but nothing too serious. Mom is already cooking and I’m sure they will eat very well during the storm. Thanks so much for your concern, prayers and well wishes. ❤️

Respected Contributor
Ive always thought David's mother should move in with David. Surely he has space at his home.
Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:
Ive always thought David's mother should move in with David. Surely he has space at his home.

I'm not sure why she would want to do that. Isn't she from NC? And don't her other children live there? Why would she leave her life to move to Pa?

Honored Contributor

David also always talks about how his mother is active with a lot of lady friends she has known for years.  She probably wants to be independent and enjoy her home and friends.  (I feel the same way for myself.)  Also, David is so busy he probably isn't home that much.