Respected Contributor

Re: Is Angel Smedley a host now?

@Kachina624 wrote:

@HLP    Angel didn't take over the business, she's merely the spokesperson.  Jeanne's son (s) run the business and he is president of the company. 

I didin't know anything about her son, but Angel seemed to me to be the owner. Sorry about that!!'

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My perspective is QVC needs to rethink all the remotes or at least better prepare for them. I don't watch much of the main QVC channel anymore and so it probably goes without saying the other channels never see the light of day around here. That said, I was on the website and wanted to see the video offered for a handbag. Unfortunately, it appeared to be one of the 'homegrown' variety and the vendor representative didn't even have the bag to show in the all of the three colors being offered. Come on QVC. Who wants to buy a color sight-unseen? They flashed a very small picture on the screen of the bag in the three color options, but the presentation featured the bag in only one color. Needless to say, I didn't buy. This strikes me as a relatively dense way to try to do business. How hard would it have been to ensure the vendor had the bag in each of the three colors being offered? 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

My perspective is QVC needs to rethink all the remotes or at least better prepare for them. I don't watch much of the main QVC channel anymore and so it probably goes without saying the other channels never see the light of day around here. That said, I was on the website and wanted to see the video offered of a handbag. Unfortunately, it appeared to be one of the 'homegrown' variety and the vendor representative doing the video appeared to not even have the bag in the all of the three colors being offered. Come on QVC. Who wants to buy a color sight-unseen? They flashed a very small picture on the screen of the bag in the three color options, but the presentation featured the bag in only one color. Needless to say, I didn't buy. This strikes me as a relatively dense way to try to do business. How hard would it have been to ensure the vendor had the bag in each of the three colors being offered? 

I think it's weird too how they'll be doing a remote/at home presentation and showing pics/video from the website.  

Honored Contributor

This is reawlly odd to me, I've seen a number of shows done this way on Q2 - but at least they're live shows and not reruns.

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

This is reawlly odd to me, I've seen a number of shows done this way on Q2 - but at least they're live shows and not reruns.

I honestly wouldn't care so long as they're actually presenting the product and all its options and not relying on a minuscule, unclear picture. The talking head and whether or not they're live isn't as important to me as being able to make a clear choice based on a clear visual of all the options.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Even some of the item's videos now are from the solo vendor shows.  I was surprised to see item #A375501 is the Clarks vendor rep alone.

It's not just Q2 anymore; vendor shows are on the website as well.

Respected Contributor

I saw some of a Logo show with Mary DeAngelis yesterday - she was showing tops - instead of having the actual top in each color she just showed the images from Q's website.  There was a man with her too - remotely - reprresenting Logo.  Same deal though.  Mary had one color top and he had another.   Seems crazy.

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

I honestly wouldn't care so long as they're actually presenting the product and all its options and not relying on a minuscule, unclear picture. The talking head and whether or not they're live isn't as important to me as being able to make a clear choice based on a clear visual of all the options.

And an actual and accurate description of the items presented!

Honored Contributor

It's amateur hour at QVC and it shows!

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I always enjoy Angel along with a host, but alone not so much. She and her side kick are no Carolyn & Gary....