Occasional Visitor
I’ve been watching QVV forever and I’ve noticed the hosts are constantly interrupting the guests lately. It is so rude and so annoying I end up changing the channel. This must be a push from the top to CONSTANTLY update on the remaining quantities. Give me a break! How about updating when it’s close to sell out or sold out? I don’t need to know every two minutes how many thousands are left in each size and color. They can easily go back to the red/yellow/green dot notification on the bottom. I mean whatever idiot at the top pushing this needs to be put in his/her place. I’m sure the hosts would be appreciative and I KNOW the viewing audience would be relieved to know this latest sales ploy has passed. If you’re reading this and agree, please chime in, hopefully numbers will get the point across! Thanks for making it to the end of my rant!
Honored Contributor

When more than one person talks at the same time (and I'm watching TV) I will change the channel immediately.

I agree with the OP, it is extremely rude and condescending to interrupt.  It's like saying, "My words and thoughts are more important than you's and I'm going to get them out (my words)"  Ugh!

I've noticed that as I've gotten old, I sometimes loose my train of thought.  The only time I will interrupt is with my daughters.  Even then I will always apologize and say (paraphrasing), "I'm sorry for interrupting, but if I don't get this out...I'll forget it".  

My girls will laugh and say, "It's OK, mom, we know you...we know how your brain works".

Other than that, it's just plain rude and no one wants to listen to incessant talking and talking over others.

Respected Contributor

I agree with everything you’ve said.  As soon as they start with that “only” order or never coming back or when it’s gone it’s gone - I just change channels.  Why get my hopes up?  Too much.  Didn’t use to be like that.  Like, if you go in a store and your size or color not hanging on a rack for you to buy you knew they were out and move along to find something more that you like.

Just don’t know what happened and yes, some hosts way overboard with this strategy - it  just doesn’t work for me.

Respected Contributor

The host's receive constant updates and instructions from the producer in their earpieces. So he/she would be the "idiot" that you are referencing.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Trusted Contributor

@7Lady7Luck7 wrote:
I’ve been watching QVV forever and I’ve noticed the hosts are constantly interrupting the guests lately. It is so rude and so annoying I end up changing the channel. This must be a push from the top to CONSTANTLY update on the remaining quantities. Give me a break! How about updating when it’s close to sell out or sold out? I don’t need to know every two minutes how many thousands are left in each size and color. They can easily go back to the red/yellow/green dot notification on the bottom. I mean whatever idiot at the top pushing this needs to be put in his/her place. I’m sure the hosts would be appreciative and I KNOW the viewing audience would be relieved to know this latest sales ploy has passed. If you’re reading this and agree, please chime in, hopefully numbers will get the point across! Thanks for making it to the end of my rant!

I agree with you 100%.  The interrupting with updates is annoying enough...but I find it hard to listen to presentations when everyone is talking at the same time.   The frenzy to blurt out comment after comment....talking over each other just to fill time too much.  I see this more often lately and it is so distracting. 

Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 :  that’s a very nice way to handle it.  As usual, you are very kind.

Honored Contributor

Love it when someone joins the forums to complain about one thing, although they've been watching FOREVER.

Valued Contributor

yes, the interruptions are way over board (especially the last 2 years or so) and it is completely RUDE.

and i'm sure that it's coming from a producer.
the only thing that i can figure is that they have some metric, that proves the point of when the host says "only x number left" or "only order of the season" or whatever, that sales go up.

they probably need to get the metric of how many people change the channel when these phrases are said, over and over. maybe that would cause them to change.

at one point, i did find the constant interruptions annoying. then i remembered that pushing a button or 2 on my remote control, solved the problem. i don't know about you, but i have at least 100 channels to select from. <smile>

in my house, no sale and the channel gets changed, the very first time i hear that. i can say that at best, now if i watch 30 minutes a week, that's a lot. and that 30 minutes, is rarely at one time.

i agree, the best solution is to put the color/quantity info at the bottom of the screen.

what the producer should be doing is having them correct the mistakes that they make. one will say the product does x and hours later, another will say something that contradicts what was said earlier.

as i've said before, they are just helping my retirement account grow and grow, by continuing with the antics. like some say, "turn lemons into lemonade".

one of the things that i have learned in life, is that there is always a large segment of the population that just refuses to "get it" until it affects their wallet or takes away a loved one. "it" being any number of things, like an epidemic, unfair business practices, loss of sales, etc etc.

enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Trusted Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

The host's receive constant updates and instructions from the producer in their earpieces. So he/she would be the "idiot" that you are referencing.

Hosts have had producers in their ears since Day One.

The rude interruptions have recently become commonplace.

That means they have unskilled hosts that cannot truly do the job they are being paid to do.

QVC needs to clean house or re-train immediately.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

Love it when someone joins the forums to complain about one thing, although they've been watching FOREVER.

QVC is lucky that posters come on here to "complain".

Too bad much of it is ignored.

I give the posters credit for trying to get QVC to listen and understand what the customer wants.