Esteemed Contributor

wondering if the Q will have a day devoted to women for International Women's Day this year?   I know they did it last year I think it's March 8th .

Esteemed Contributor

Re: International women's day

Seems to me that they spend most every day hawking products aimed at women.

Now what would be news is if they donated some profit and/or products to women in some kind of need.

Naw, never will happen.

Honored Contributor

I can't imagine the Q would not acknowledge IWD in some way. There is always some restaurant or hotel in our area doing something special for IWD with speakers and a nice lunch, but I have not seen anything advertised so far.

Respected Contributor

@Still Raining wrote:

Seems to me that they spend most every day hawking products aimed at women.

Now what would be news is if they donated some profit and/or products to women in some kind of need.

Naw, never will happen.

Tova has been repeatedly snubbed on thid day.  A true entrepeneur who deserves better treatment.  QVC's celebration of this day is disingenuous.   I agree with you, donate 10 percent of their profits to battered women or to an African country devestated by famine. That would prompt many to order more products to support a good cause.

Valued Contributor

Recognizing IWD would be nice, I agree.

Does anyone ever think about how men shot to power through their good ole boys' networks  and women do not seem to have ever had the equivalent of that?  If all men truly wanted to hold women back it wouldn't be too difficult...just let them turn on each other. 

Males seem to have a more supportive pack mentality in the workforce, and some females don't seem to share that. Fortunately, not all females....just some!

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Respected Contributor

Seem to recall it was really down played last year. May have had a few guests but nothing like the promotion they have done in the past.

Anyone remember the year they did a spanx underware TSV on this day and the general population on these forums went viral about it? Seems like that was the last big day they had saluting women.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

International Women's Day

17 Live Hours

Sunday, March 8, 2020 

12am-3am, 7am-12pm, 3pm-12am

LOGO by Lori Goldstein Today's Special Value

You Can Do This! with Jen Coffey Debuts at 10pm ET (2 hours)

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for the information! Heart

If you can dream it you can do it--Walt Disney
Respected Contributor

Sounds like a boring day, but hope they at least have Tova scheduled for one or two hour shows.