Honored Contributor

Re: International Women's Day

@Foxxee wrote:

Why should it be special?  Why do women or men need a special day?  

It's 2021, not 1850 or even 1960, when women still didn't have the same rights as men.   

QVC's TV programming for clothing is mostly for women.  Most of the hosts and clothing vendors are women.  Maybe, men should complain.  "Where's clothing for us?"  "Oh, you can find a few pieces online."

And now, women want special programming for "Women's Day."  They already have special programming just for them every day.  Sometimes it's on clearance or on sale, and occasionally free shipping.  

@Foxxee 

I agree!  Why, just because we are women, do we need a special "Interntional Women's" day?  WTH is that?  Mother's Day is sufficient.  I am so tired of everyone thinking they need a special day because of sex.  Good grief.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

@Foxxee wrote:

It's 2021, not 1850 or even 1960, when women still didn't have the same rights as men.   

It is an international recognition.  There are many many places in the world where women don't have the same rights as men.  

That is an understatement, @Peaches McPhee  And although it's more subtle, women are not always treated equally or fairly even in first-world countries.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

Nonsense.

Esteemed Contributor

It was easier when we only had to think about and remember holidays,

birthdays, anniversaries, etc.

Honored Contributor

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

@Foxxee wrote:

It is an international recognition.  There are many many places in the world where women don't have the same rights as men.  

I know from past years that some posters don't know or believe that.

There are also millions of women worldwide who aren't mothers.

Look forward to the complaints in November.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Honored Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

@Foxxee wrote:

QVC's TV programming for clothing is mostly for women.  Most of the hosts and clothing vendors are women.  Maybe, men should complain.  "Where's clothing for us?"  "Oh, you can find a few pieces online."

And now, women want special programming for "Women's Day."  They already have special programming just for them every day.  Sometimes it's on clearance or on sale, and occasionally free shipping.  

@Foxxee 

I agree!  Why, just because we are women, do we need a special "Interntional Women's" day?  WTH is that?  Mother's Day is sufficient.  I am so tired of everyone thinking they need a special day because of sex.  Good grief.

So women have to procreate in order to gain recognition??????

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@SurferWife wrote:

@Foxxee wrote:

@Foxxee 

So women have to procreate in order to gain recognition??????

@suzyQ3  I guess so. If you're not a Mother you don't get a day. Not that I really give a darn...

Honored Contributor

@maximillian wrote:

DISMAL.  QVC's Programming for this day has been "same old," same old."  Nothing special.  Next year, the people in charge need to refresh.

@maximillian   QVC can title any day a holiday or any day "special"...bottom line is they want to make money. If that means Irish day, Christmas in July (or June), the motivation is the same. They feature vendors who bring in the biggest revenue.